Strawberry Wine ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1ChuckGauthier

Reaction score
My wifes favorite, I dare not screw up. I've 40 plus pounds of strawberries in the freezer, no juicer so have to do it with bulky straight fruit. How long should I leave the berries in the freezer for the best juice and wine. I am reasonably patient.......thanks

Just till they freeze. Thaw. Add pectic enzyme and wait 12 plus hours. Add nutrients and yeast.

Just till they freeze. Thaw. Add pectic enzyme and wait 12 plus hours. Add nutrients and yeast.

This is pretty much what i do, but i take the juice for my starter out just before i add the pectic enzyme. Get the starter working while the 12 hours are ticking away. Pitch when the timer beeps and go :fsh

Thank you for the replies gentalmen, just bought 12 gal primary to deal with all the fruit, planning on a 6 gal batch, going to pull the fruit out of the freezer tonight, bag in paint filters and start this game Sun Am. Looking forward to something that will make the wife smile and holding the alcohol down to just over 10 percent....Have a great fourth of July

I have noticed that the longer i let the freeze - the more juice i get.

I had some that i let freeze for 24 hours - did not juice as well as ones left in the freezer for a week.

I think the key is to make sure that all of the strawberries are entirely frozen solid.

I freeze my fruits for about a week.

This batch of wine must have had perfect conditions for ferment:tryCompletley fermented in five days to dry, and must have been what some of you call a volcano as with a loose lid on primary you could see lots of activity, stuff floating up and down........most active ferment I have had. Wine smells and tastes of strawberry, now all it needs is some time to rest, drop gas and yum yum , f-pak and backsweeten......time to go:fsh

not to hi jack your thread but my 30 gallon batch strawberry is the most active ive fermented.i used djrockinsteve recipie for a port ,taste good in ferment so may know in a few days.
::::

Latest posts

Back