Started my first wine. VH Blackberry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok just transferred at 1.000. So now I'll leave it alone till I get the same reading 3 days in a row. Then rerack to clean carboy and add campden and let it clear from there. Is that correct?

Thanks all for the great advise and help.
Bruce

Yes. If you want to sweeten you'll need to sorbate with the campden then wait at least a few days. Then you can sweeten. If you're keeping it dry you can go ahead and clear it!

Still bubbling but got alot slower. I must have stuck sipon to far boy do I have alot of sediment on bottom.

Just did SG and was down to .990. Took a taste and boy is it strong. will back sweeting help? Think I'm gonna rack tomrrow and campden. Hope I didnt mess it up.

Campden and sorbated. Took slurry and put it in batch of skeeter pee, allready have fermemtation going in pee. I sure hope all goes well. On another note. Wife kicked me out of house, now have to do it all in the garage. She and the kids said it stunk. All I smelled was good yeast doing what it is supposed to do.

Thanks for all the help. I'm hooked now.

Bruce

Atleast she only kicked you out to the garage and not out completely!!! Hey Another Pa wine maker! I have to cans of this at home which i haven't had a chance to start yet. When you said it tasted strong i assume you were referring to alcohol taste? Ive heard that they can taste rather thin so i figured id use 2 cans for a 5 gal batch.

On a side note, We really need to setup a central Pa Wine picnic and tasting party sometime this fall! If anyone is interested let me know so we can set something up, i will put a post up under the general section titled "Central Pa Wine Party"

Atleast she only kicked you out to the garage and not out completely!!! Hey Another Pa wine maker! I have to cans of this at home which i haven't had a chance to start yet. When you said it tasted strong i assume you were referring to alcohol taste? Ive heard that they can taste rather thin so i figured id use 2 cans for a 5 gal batch.

On a side note, We really need to setup a central Pa Wine picnic and tasting party sometime this fall! If anyone is interested let me know so we can set something up, i will put a post up under the general section titled "Central Pa Wine Party"

Yes. The alcohol was strong kinda overpowering. I hope backsweeting will help. I used the slurry for a batch of skeeter pee and its fermenting away.

I don't have any wine bottled yet as this is my first batch. I would be interested in the picnic though.
---------------------
Bruce

Latest posts

Back