Start wine then going out of town?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taurii

Junior
Reaction score
Ok, here is my problem. I was going to start a batch of raspberry wine from frozen berries today but I am leaving on Monday for 5 days. I am worried because there will bo no one to stir the must daily. Can I just weigh the bag down with marbles so stirring won't be an issue? Would you chance it? Has anyone ever weighed the bag down and everything turned out ok?

That could be risky. Chances are, you'd be fine. But there are also chances you could have a train wreck on your hands when you return. I would simply wait the 5 days.

There are some wines I would not worry about such a thing. However, Raspberry is not one of them. although I have had great success with raspberry, I have also had my greatest disasters with it too. It just seems to be a fruit that requires attention.

Five days is not going to make a big difference in the whole scheme of things. I would wait.

Ok, I am going to hold off then. I have done many kit wines and concentrate wines but this would be my first from real fruit, so I am not going to chance it.

Latest posts

Back