WineXpert Sparkling Riesling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After we disgorge and top up with some of the same Sparkling Wine we usually let it sit another 2 months before we try a bottle....

Maybe you just need a little more time.

I was hoping that yes a little bit more time in the bottle would allow for more bubbles. It has only been one month since the wine has gone into the bottles. Overall though the sparkling riesling was very good. It had a pretty good smell to it, it was clear, and tasted pretty good. Everything was good except for the bubbles, but overall I was pleased with how it came out. I am just hoping that a little more time in the bottle with allow for more bubble developement.

Scuba

Did you stir it constantly while bottling as maybe that bottle didnt get enough sugar and others may be better or it just might need more time.

I added the sugar and yeast around 24hrs prior to bottling and gave it a good stir at that point. Its possible the wine just needs more time.

Scuba

Ok, talk about procrastination on this one guys. These bottles are still upside with the lees plug in them. I think I never got around to degorging them due to nervousness associated with such a large task simply becuase I have never done it before. So, seeing that the sparkling wine has been in the bottles for almost 2 years with the lees, is the sparkling wine still good? If yes, how much longer can I leave it in the bottles with the lees? Once I take the lees out, recap, and rewire, how much longer can I allow the sparkling wine to continue to age without worrying to much about adverse effects in respect to the quality?

Scuba

Latest posts

Back