Sparkling has no carbonation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabiola

Reaction score
I followed everything by the book in sparkling wine made from a Winexpert Chardonnay kit, it was bottled I April, and 8 months later no carbonation at all, what can I do to make it carbonated?

Fabiola,
Check out this post that I made back in Feb. it is the easiest way to make a sparkling wine in 2 weeks, almost cannot go wrong, and the wine tastes great!
I've made Sparkling wine using this technique 3 or 4 times so far, a real crowd pleaser!!!
You won't go back to making it the traditional way (ok, so you might..lol).

Tom

Not sure how to find that post Tom? I'm curious also!

Fabiola,
Check out this post that I made back in Feb. it is the easiest way to make a sparkling wine in 2 weeks, almost cannot go wrong, and the wine tastes great!
I've made Sparkling wine using this technique 3 or 4 times so far, a real crowd pleaser!!!

Tom

I think I used your method, I remember that post but couldn't find it again...

Fabiola,

Tom

Pumpkinman: I found the thread and check it, and I followed exactly your method, what do you think happened?

Fabiola,
The only thing that I can think of is that the yeast was old, the encapsulated yeast that I had left over from last year hardly carbonated the few bottles that I made, only 6 bottles, the longer the bottles sit the more carbonation they have.
Did you soak the stoppers with the yeast in sugar water to wake the yeast?

Fabiola,
The only thing that I can think of is that the yeast was old, the encapsulated yeast that I had left over from last year hardly carbonated the few bottles that I made, only 6 bottles, the longer the bottles sit the more carbonation they have.
Did you soak the stoppers with the yeast in sugar water to wake the yeast?

Yes I did soak it, and the yeast just formed a cluster and became yellow but didn't do any carbonation... I still have the package of yeast, I will check the date, should I open the bottles and add new sugar and yeast?

Is this yeast in pellets? Or something?
I'm trying to find someone over here who has it, and no luck so far :-(
Not sure what is so 'special' about it (sorry for being not so quick)...
ie is it the type of yeast ProRestart Uvaferm 43
or the fact that it is Encapsulated
Thanks!

Is this yeast in pellets? Or something?
I'm trying to find someone over here who has it, and no luck so far :-(
Not sure what is so 'special' about it (sorry for being not so quick)...
ie is it the type of yeast ProRestart Uvaferm 43
or the fact that it is Encapsulated
Thanks!

Yes, they look like rice grains... very solid

Back