sparkalloid effect wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wood1954

Supporting Member
Reaction score
just thought i'd share how effective sparkalloid is. the carboy on the left was treated 2 weeks ago. the carboy on the right is untreated. both wines are the same , grapes were picked about the first week of September 2015. I plan on bottling in August so will post another picture then. the wines are a blend of Lecrescent and prairie star, the reds are a concord from my neighbors grapes.

WIN_20160117_13_30_29_Pro.jpg

I see you tie down your airlocks. If they are comming out by themselves make sure the bung and carboy neck are both dry. They will stay in if dry, but sometimes come out if there is any moister in the seal.

just thought i'd share how effective sparkalloid is. the carboy on the left was treated 2 weeks ago. the carboy on the right is untreated. both wines are the same , grapes were picked about the first week of September 2015. I plan on bottling in August so will post another picture then. the wines are a blend of Lecrescent and prairie star, the reds are a concord from my neighbors grapes.

A little bit of advice from some experience. Make sure those wines sit for awhile even after they appear "clear", before bottling. A lot of us have had "whispys" in our wine from using Sparklloid. It is crystal clear when bottling, then a couple/few months later it develops these whispys in the bottle.
We have not had these problems with SuperKleer.

Back