sp questions from newbie

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucko

Junior
Reaction score
I have read a lot on the forum and was wondering which would be the best

route to go? Should you put your concentrate in the primary or should you

back sweeten with concentrate? It looks like you need around 20 cans in the

primary and only about 5 when finished. This is for a five gallon batch.

Last edited:
Not real sure how you are trying this. Concentrated lemonaide? If that is what you are using, make sure the ingredents don't list sulfides or sorbates. You might have a hard time getting them to ferment if they do. Anyway, add your 20 cans or so in the primary, ferment them down, when finished, stabalize then add more cans of concentrate to give a bit more flavor and sweeten. Hope this helped some and good luck with it.
Have you read thru Lon's origional recipe?? It is at www.skeeterpee.com Read thru it, most make with concentrates like real lemon. Arne.

Last edited:
Thanks Arne

I think I am going to add the cranberry concentrate from old orchard in the

primary. I dont know if I am wrong but it seems to me you would have more

flavor cooking in the primary. I have seen syrup addatives for flavor as well

but I am not sure about those yet.

If you're putting 20 can's of cranberry concentrate in the primary it's going to be cranberry wine, not skeeter pee. If you're making skeeter pee, then starting your back sweetening with 5-6 can's of cranberry, it'll be cranberry skeeter pee.

I've used DaVinci's syrup with good sucess once. I will elaborate on that more in a month as I've just made another batch with it.

Brian

Thanks Brian

I was confused a little on the concentrate issue. I would rather back

sweeten the skeeter pee. I do want the lemon zest flavor.:slp

Latest posts

Back