Something To Do While You Wait For Wine To Brew

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can You Find Me? Something to do while you wait for your wine to brew.

• I can't find it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I quit. Please come back and post the answer.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

btom2004

Wine On My Mind
Reaction score
DSC00062.jpg

"Can you find me?"
There is something hidden in the above photo. The first person to find it is the winner. Copy and paste you enter if you find it.

Last edited:
TJ, based on size alone, I am going with female. They are normally smaller than the male and that one looks tiny. They eat mites and spiders so that ornamental grass is a perfect feeding place.

Ok I say Rocky wins this one. I mean its not a dragonfly right.

I should get some credit because I even seen it on a iphone screen.

image-416496582.jpg

How weird, I never see these and I just now took the picture. Not sure it was a dragonfly or a damsel fly so I'll leave that part blank, dont want Rock busting my stones for a slight identification mix up. I couldn't get a look of the color that little bugger was to quick.

TJ, two of the best identifiers are the size (damsels are smaller) and how they hold their wings when they perch. A damsel keeps its wings back along its body and a dragon fly's wings are held perpendicualr to the body. I can't tell from the picture for sure, but it appears from the shadow that the wings are along the body, ergo a damselfly.

I love it, yeah I'm pretty sure the wings was right up to the body. Thanks for teaching me something new Rocky, how freakin ironic, I promise that picture was taken right out my backdoor minutes before posting it.

A damsel keeps its wings back along its body and a dragon fly's wings are held perpendicualr to the body.

That's awesome! I had no friggin idea.. Seem them all my life & never knew :)

TJ, two of the best identifiers are the size (damsels are smaller) and how they hold their wings when they perch. A damsel keeps its wings back along its body and a dragon fly's wings are held perpendicualr to the body. I can't tell from the picture for sure, but it appears from the shadow that the wings are along the body, ergo a damselfly.
See below photo.

Last edited:

Here's a larger pic.

I must say the cameras of today are something else. That thing was so small it was vertually invisable. I saw this blue thing floating in air, as I could not see any wings...guess they move too fast. I went to take a picture of it and could not even see it in the viewfinder. I took shot anyway and low and behold it was captured in the picture.

Latest posts

Back