Quantcast

Some advice in beetroot wine

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Zerm

Junior
Reaction score
Help some advice in beetroot wine. I wish to have a brand wine in beetroot but am still new need some advice. Thanks

Reactions: Amo

BernardSmith

Reaction score
Hi Zerm - and welcome to this forum. Sorry but you are not offering us enough information to offer any "advice". Are you looking for a recipe? Do you have a specific problem that you are hoping someone can resolve? Do you have specific questions you hope someone might answer? Beetroot wine? I have never made a wine from beetroot but CJJ Berry has (He's a one time popular British country wine maker) and he suggests that you use about 2 kg of beetroot (for a gallon or 4 L) sliced thinly and boil with some lemon , ginger and cloves until the vegetable begins to lose its color. Strain the solids and ferment when cool enough to add the yeast. Cloves can be overpowering , so I might add one clove though Berry suggests 4-6.

Zerm

Junior
Reaction score
Thank you for recipe am grateful,

I can asking how much sugar and yeast I should put in 4lt and how long fermentation will take.

Also what is the best way to use if I want to make natural sweet wine and not sweet wine?

Thank you!

Zerm

Junior
Reaction score
What do you mean when you say Cloves can be overpowering?

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
very N.E. Arkansas in the instep of MO, BOOTHILL,,
your hydrometer will tell you how much sugar to get the ABV you want, once dry you K-meta it and pectic sorbate, to stop any new fermentation, so you can add sugar your wine to your taste, I and several on here use a triple scale hydrometer, you look at the ABV you want the get the SG reading that matches that, ferment dry add k-meta and potassium sorbate,
Dawg

Last edited: