Some advice in beetroot wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zerm

Junior
Reaction score
Help some advice in beetroot wine. I wish to have a brand wine in beetroot but am still new need some advice. Thanks

Hi Zerm - and welcome to this forum. Sorry but you are not offering us enough information to offer any "advice". Are you looking for a recipe? Do you have a specific problem that you are hoping someone can resolve? Do you have specific questions you hope someone might answer? Beetroot wine? I have never made a wine from beetroot but CJJ Berry has (He's a one time popular British country wine maker) and he suggests that you use about 2 kg of beetroot (for a gallon or 4 L) sliced thinly and boil with some lemon , ginger and cloves until the vegetable begins to lose its color. Strain the solids and ferment when cool enough to add the yeast. Cloves can be overpowering , so I might add one clove though Berry suggests 4-6.

Thank you for recipe am grateful,

I can asking how much sugar and yeast I should put in 4lt and how long fermentation will take.

Also what is the best way to use if I want to make natural sweet wine and not sweet wine?

Thank you!

your hydrometer will tell you how much sugar to get the ABV you want, once dry you K-meta it and pectic sorbate, to stop any new fermentation, so you can add sugar your wine to your taste, I and several on here use a triple scale hydrometer, you look at the ABV you want the get the SG reading that matches that, ferment dry add k-meta and potassium sorbate,
Dawg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back