Skipping chemicals on Festa Juice Shiraz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbayav8er

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I started a pail of pasteurized Festa Juice Shiraz not long ago. I didn't add any bentonite at the beginning, and I don't plan on adding any clarifying agents, or -sorbate. All I plan on doing is racking every 3 months and adding k-meta. Any ideas on how long it will take to clear?

Cheers

Magnotta's instructions do not include any clarifiers or sorbate.

I've got two buckets of the Fresh juice going right now (Char & Zin). Talking with Magnotta directly: they recommend using time, instead, to clarify the wines. They estimated it should be about 4 months from start to finish.

Magnotta's instructions do not include any clarifiers or sorbate.

I've got two buckets of the Fresh juice going right now (Char & Zin). Talking with Magnotta directly: they recommend using time, instead, to clarify the wines. They estimated it should be about 4 months from start to finish.

Not even bentonite?

Thanks! Took me about 15 wine kits before I realized how important of an ingredient "time" is. All these kits come with chemicals so you can get the wine in bottles ASAP. I've found that even with a drill mounted wine whip, it's impossible to completely degas the wine. I figure by just letting it bulk age, it will degas and clarify naturally. Plus, I won't be left with all these chemicals in my wine.

Back