Skeeter Fermenting ALONG>>>>TIME

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxsteve625

Reaction score
I have a SP fermenting from a blueberry Melomel slurry since Itransfered to secondary on 9-20-10. This is my second attempt at a slurry as the first didn't do so well. I have used lavin ec 118 on previous batches with no problem. ( 8 to be exact).

However this batch with the slurry is still fermenting:

SG on 10-02 was 1.000
Sg today 10-13 is 1.000

It is still bubbling. What the heck? Should I just be patient at let time do it's thing or something else. I was hoping this pee would be ready by now.

If the gravity hasn't changed it's done ferm. and now degassing itself.

You can slap an airlock on it for another day and see.

Oh that make sense. And you know I had thought that maybe the bubbling was from C02.

Thanks

Steve

If it is degassing itself, will I be alright for another day or so before racking, degassing, and fining?

Do you have it in a carboy? If so it will be fine, if you still have this in a primary and can't get to it for another day, lock down the lid and add an airlock.

It is in a carboy and last night I did try to degass using vacumm and there wasn't anything left. So I am asumming it degassed itself. I did add Sorbate and k-meta and super kleer. I belive I am in good shape,

Thanks as I learned somthing new toady (self degassing)

Latest posts

Back