showing off...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken914

Reaction score
All the wines here have been racked three times, k-meta & sorbate treated. The f-pac's got added today.

From left to right: 8g pear, 5g peach (back), 7.5g blueberry (front), 4g apple. Not shown - strawberry.

:h

wine.jpg

Looking good Ken! I notice 4-5 of your carboy's has the wine in the collar instead of the neck of the carboys. Are you comfortable with that?

Looking good Ken! I notice 4-5 of your carboy's has the wine in the collar instead of the neck of the carboys. Are you comfortable with that?

Some of the carboys are up to "shoulder"-level... wish I had more to top them off with.

I was comfortable with the higher levels (I'm thinking you're looking at the blueberry) until you pointed it out... is there a reason I should be wary? :?

I dont think those levels are that bad, I wouldnt worry about them if they were mine. Do I like to have them fuller , yes but Ive had a few wines that I just couldnt find anything to top off with as they were unusual wines and I didnt want to top them up with anything different. I have left wines even lower then that for months, just keep the S02 levels correct and youll be fine.

I have a co2 tank with the keg-a-later. If I top off space with co2 you can have any size airspace you want. Without o2 you will not get oxidization

Ken, indeed they do look good. I guess that I haven't seen anyones blueberry. I am surprised that it is sooooo dark. Would love a taste.
Carry on.
Brad

Ken, indeed they do look good. I guess that I haven't seen anyones blueberry. I am surprised that it is sooooo dark. Would love a taste.
Carry on.
Brad

Where are you, Woodbee? Anywhere near AL? I plan on opening a bottle of it in August 2011. That'll be 12 months aged. :db

Last edited:
Ken, Thanks for the offer. It just ain't gonna work though. I live in Eastern Kansas. It's a bit too far for me. Enjoy it and let us know how she was.
Brad

Mandatory City?
Is that a nickname?
I live in Birmingham but have never heard of it.

Mandatory City?
Is that a nickname?
I live in Birmingham but have never heard of it.

Nope, I was forced to list a city in my profile... so that's what I put. :)

Considering the rather... ummmm... archaic laws that Alabama has about home winemaking, I should state that all those bottles are miniatures... quart sized or less. ;-)

Nope, I was forced to list a city in my profile... so that's what I put. :)

Considering the rather... ummmm... archaic laws that Alabama has about home winemaking, I should state that all those bottles are miniatures... quart sized or less. ;-)

Ya we've got a few wierd ones over this way in Oklahoma..Something about walking a gerraff, umm lets see warm hot beer at the liquor store because it's illegal to cool it and the reasons why we have 3.2 beer are Einstein complicated for some reason..but hey! we're cool with home brewing of just about anything:mny

Latest posts

Back