Show Us Your Pets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tile and wood, the only way to go with pets! Easy cleanup for sure. We use area rugs but they are up for a few months until Ellie is fully trained. And we have spent a small fortune on vacuum cleaners! :)

Meet Sadie our 8 year old Cairn Terrier. She is the Queen of the household. Only dog to have in Kansas being the breed featured as Toto in The Wizard of Oz.

20140422_122419-1.jpg

Pre wash

Dishwashing machines work better when the dishes are pre cleaned. This is our household's method. It's best to have a dishwasher with a strong door.

100-0006_IMG moe on dishwasher.jpg

2826d1314751238-show-us-your-pets-100_0247-1600x1200-.jpg

This has been a horrible weekend for us and only got worse today. On Saturday, we took Gina, our white Standard Poodle, to the vet because she had been losing weight for no apparent reason. The vet did blood work and found an inflamed lymph node on her neck which she aspirated for further testing. We got the results today and they are devastating. Gina has malignant cancer cells which have spread to her lymph gland, lungs and throat. We have an appointment for Wednesday to euthanize her if I don't die between now and then.

Enjoy your pets while you have them. One of the misfortunes of having them is that we normally outlive them. It is going to be a tough couple of days for us.

OMG, Rocky!!!!! My heart goes out to you! We just went thru somthing like this with my step son's darling! Within one week, he went to having an abcess tooth pulled that just got worst as the week went on to find out he had a rare cancer and had to be euthanize.

Be brave, my prayers are with you.

Rocky,

So very sorry to hear your sad news. I feel your pain. We lost "Jack" a year ago this Thursday. Thoughts and prayers and sympathy are for sure coming your way tonight. I hope she has lived a long life to date and this is not cutting her stay here too terribly short. Either way it hurts like ………

Lots of TLC this week for Gina.

Bummer Rocky. Few experiences in life are more heart breaking than having to put a pet down. Who is sitting by Gina?

Thank all of you for your kind words and good wishes. Gina would have been 12 in September. We got her out of a abusive situation when she was almost 2 and I feel she had a wonderful life for the past 10 years.

The little guy in the picture with Gina is our Miniature Poodle, Louie. He is 5 and we hope to have him a long time.

So sorry to hear this, Rocky. Enjoy the time you have left, and look back fondly on all the great years you've had.

The life span of a standard poodle is 12-15 years, doesn't make your outcome any easier but know she has lived a pretty full life and a GREAT one once she came into yours.

Thanks, Everyone. Just an update. Gina was passing and coughing blood so we moved the procedure up to today. We were with her to the end and she went very peacefully. I know that she is now at peace and out of pain. Thank you all for your thoughts and wishes.

So sorry, Rocky. Unfortunately, we may soon face the same thing with our greyhound, Juno. He is 12 1/2 and his back end isn't working real well any more. He desperately needs a dental (and we desperately need him to have a dental) but we aren't excited about putting him under at this stage. I know we will be facing similar circumstances soon.

My best to you.

Sorry to hear about Gina, Rocky. We just had our family cat Zino pass away about a month and a half ago. She was almost 17 yrs old. She will be missed but we do have a new cat named Marcus who just moved in on Saturday. He is a rescue from a local shelter and a welcome addition.
ImageUploadedByWine Making1400635570.354209.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Latest posts

Back