Show me your workspace please

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree...Bravo!
smiley32.gif

Youneed to use what space you have to get the job done and it is surprising what you do with a small area.
smiley2.gif

I have a great space to make and store wine only because it worked out that way but I would trade some of it for a garage for working on the vehicles....I spent last weekend on the ground in the cold getting both of them ready for the winter!
smiley7.gif

Smurfe,

Looks pretty much like my space. Be careful though, in your storage area, that you don't have a bottle avalanche!!!!!
smiley32.gif

Ramona

masta said:
I agree...Bravo!
smiley32.gif

Youneed to use what space you have to get the job done and it is surprising what you do with a small area.
smiley2.gif

I have a great space to make and store wine only because it worked out that way but I would trade some of it for a garage for working on the vehicles....I spent last weekend on the ground in the cold getting both of them ready for the winter!
smiley7.gif

I hear you on that one. I have a 2 car carport and a 1 1/2 car garage with another room off the side but none are suitable for a winery.

I rent this house. If I owned it, the garage building would defiantly be a 1500 sq. ft winery. We are hopefully going to build this spring. I hope I can budget some extra space in for "hobby's"
smiley2.gif

My house I had in Illinois that the "EX" has would of had a perfect place to make wine. It has 2000 sq ft of finished. dry basement. I guess not having to live with her is worth using the cramped space I use now. I have a 2500 sq ft house and no place to work.
smiley19.gif
What a shame.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Masta,

Allow me to scold you. There were way too many empty carboys at your place. I hope they become active again soon. Good luck.

Archer

smiley18.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

You guys asked for it:

2005-12-07_202149_21.jpg

Why do I feel like such a terrible slob?!?Edited by: MedPretzel

MedPretzel said:
smiley18.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

You guys asked for it:

2005-12-07_202149_21.jpg

Why do I feel like such a terrible slob?!?

Martina, looks like you dropped your Chap Stick, if you would pick it up, it wouldn't looks so messy
smiley36.gif

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

It's funny, but I had to go downstairs to see what that was. I couldn't remember.

It's a glue-stick (of course, used up, but lying around there for some reason. I'll blame it on my cats.... It was their toy.)
smiley36.gif

The chair is in the middle of the process of being refinished. It;s been a very slow process.
smiley1.gif

Martina, do you have any temperature influx with the furnace so close? I remember when I lived north and had a basement that the area around the furnace would get very warm. I had a boiler though and not forced air heat so I don't know if that made a difference or not.

Smurfe

It's not too bad. The heat that radiates from the heater warms up the area to about 70 degrees F, which is good. I do have some fluctuating temps down in the basement, so the heater does some good. My basement used to be an old coal cellar, and it still has single-paned windows. After I made my own storm windows for the winter, the temps went up about 5-7 degrees on average down there (!!). We are having a very bad cold-spell here right now, and so the furnace is actually a good thing. The wines are far enough away that they really don't get THAT warm. Notice that i have them on the floor too, which is probably not the best for them, but they have to live through it.

I have steam-radiators in the house, no forced air either. I love the radiators.
smiley1.gif

It looks like we have quite a few "mini-wineries". Thanks to everyone for taking the time to take and post these pictures. I am duly impressed. After Christmas, I will take pictures of my wine making area and post them. Thanks to all of my wonderful customers, I am just a tad busy!

Martina, It's not messy, it's a work area. You could waste a lot of time making things look nice all the time.

Bert was grumbling just a little one day about the fact that the house doesn't seem to be quite big enough and it's often sort of messy. (3 cases of wine on living room floor waiting for labels, that sort of thing.) I told him he could choose, a house that looked nice all the time or a home where we do a lot of things. Guess we'll have those wine cases taking up space once in a while!

PolishWineP said:
Bert was grumbling just a little one day about the fact that the house doesn't seem to be quite big enough and it's often sort of messy.

Bert could be related to Roland, my husband.
smiley36.gif

You're answer is much more diplomatic than mine, I usually tell him: "You don't like the mess? Clean it up!" He usually looks insightful and then walks away (it's not like he's a neat freak either!). But, in his defense, I'm a very big slob. My place is clean, but never picked up.

It must be genetic. My gramma was like that too.

My mama used to tell me when I was little [insert german accent here]: "You can tell where you have been in the house. You leave a trail of stuff everywhere you go, even if it's just [not verbatum] a glue stick."

2005-12-08_151022_22.jpg

How true this is.
smiley9.gif
Edited by: MedPretzel

Martina I love your space!!!! Alot of devotion went into it!!

My mom (insert Hungarian accent)would always say she could tell when I was around because the lid was off the toothpaste and the peanut butter jar!!!! And that was when I am an adult.!!!!!!

Ramona

And my daughter leaves a trail of water glasses for me to follow, with water in them. And Red the Cat likes to tip them over and spill everywhere! Family! What would we do without them?
smiley19.gif

smiley36.gif

You guys!!!

smiley36.gif

I laughed out loud when I "heard" what your wrote!

It's good to know I'm not alone.
smiley9.gif

hey did any body notice that no matter what the surroundings look like the equipment is kept empeckably.
smiley36.gif

Back