WineXpert Sherry from a kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinoman1

Junior
Reaction score
Has any one out there ever make a sherry from a kit ? I see that wine expert offers one. Is there any more available and what do you recomend

Never made Sherry from a kit Vino. I have done a Cherry Brandy kit though and it was OK. How is the Chocolate Cherry wine coming along?

I have made the WE sherry kit for the mother in law and it ok but not a real big hit!
smiley19.gif

Appleman
Bottled the CCC about 2 months ago,cleared really great,I'm going to give it about 1 more month and give it a try,thanks for asking
vinoman

masta said:
I have made the WE sherry kit for the mother in law and it ok but not a real big hit!
smiley19.gif
Scott,
Why was it not a big hit? I like sherry and would want to know this before going to the trouble.

Iv'e made sherry style raisin wine, but never from a kit. It's been ageing for a little over a year in the bottle. I am going to try it for the first time this coming Christmas.

Pete

PolishWineP said:
masta said:
smiley19.gif
Scott,
Why was it not a big hit? I like sherry and would want to know this before going to the trouble.

It was a few years back and I think it ended up being too sweet for her.

Given it was sweet, I assume it was the cream sherry style. As I recall, the WE sherry kit allows for either a dry sherry or cream sherry. Has anyone made the dry sherry?

Back