Other Shelf life of high end kits.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommBomb

Reaction score
Hey guys, was wondering how long, under proper cellaring conditions, does a high end wine kit last before some degradation occurs. Are there any of you that have wine kits over 2 or 3 years in age? If so how do they taste, still improving?

This is a good question and I'd be interested in hearing other opinions as far as age and locale. In my summer home (NJ) - what I have found is that my WE kits are doing well at 4 & 5 years as are my Spagnols. My MM are not doing as well and are now on the downward spiral. My CC seems to be doing as well as the WE and RJ. At winter home (FL), the MM are not drinkable while WE, CC and RJ are holding up well after 4 years.

I think you can go to at least 3-4 years if the bottles are stored under good conditions and probably longer. I think there was a posting in the last few months of someone finding a bottle that was almost 10 years old, and the wine was still good.

Thanks guys, 3-4 years would be lots. Just need the right corks and a cold humid cellar.

I have good storage conditions and still have a few 09's lying around. Most of them are Cellar Craft Showcase wines. All are holding up amazingly well. The ones that were not all that great at say 2 years are now a joy to open at 4 years.

Back