WineXpert Selection Original Series Luna Rossa

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zorrich

Junior
Reaction score
I haven't been making wine long, but so far I have made the mezza Luna, trinity red, selection orig French cab, and a selection orig sauv blanc.

I'm looking to try the luna rossa next and was curious if anyone tried it? How does it age? Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Luna Rossa is a pretty popular kit that is considered a bit of an "early drinker". Meaning that it does not require as much aging as a higher end kit like the CC Showcases or the Eclipse or WE Winery series.

I can't speak personally to the aging, I have one that is in carboy about 2 1/2 months old. I racked it tonight actually, and had about a large glassfull left over that I got to try. I have to say it's already pretty darn good, better at this age than any kit I've made so far. So I'd say the "early drinker" reputation is well deserved, but I will still age it at least 6 months or longer to give it time to get even better.

Last edited:
Back