RJ Spagnols Sauv Blac - Clearing Problem

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a price thing mainly, those kits appeal to a lot of folks. Don't toss it, you have to see what it will be and then learn form it. If you only need a few ounces or so you can top off with water but for any major racking where you would need a good amount of fluid always go with an inexpensive like wine of sorts.

Keep plugging away!

I actually just read another post where a guy said that he needed to buy a few bottles of wine in order to top off after racking. The response was that he should instead just get different size carboys and fill them up instead of topping up. Im not sure if i read it correctly but is that common?

Yes, especially with the newer Italian carboys which is all we can get in the states these days. They are closer to 23.5L. After a first racking you can easily add 1.5 bottles. After fining you can easily add another 0.5 bottle. Your options are rack to a smaller carboy, add marbles or add wine. I add wine.

Back