Vineco sangria zinfandel

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrygirl

Reaction score
got the triple berry blend going from sam's and it got me wanting to do something else before the spring and summer fruit run, so i bought this niagra mist kit. anyone ever do this one? is it a quick drinker or will it need a little time?

Mist type kits are made to be early drinkers. Aging most likely is not needed and will not help the kit taste better. My Exotic fruit White Zin didn't even have bottle shock.

Mist type kits are made to be early drinkers. Aging most likely is not needed and will not help the kit taste better. My Exotic fruit White Zin didn't even have bottle shock.
Niag Mist Sangria White Zin is pretty darn good, if you like sweet wines. Not quite as sweet as I recall some others (eg Blackberry Merlot) being. A bit sweeter than the Niag Mist Pink Grapefruit Blush.

If you like that style of wine, you should like the results.

Steve

Niag Mist Sangria White Zin is pretty darn good, if you like sweet wines. Not quite as sweet as I recall some others (eg Blackberry Merlot) being. A bit sweeter than the Niag Mist Pink Grapefruit Blush.

If you like that style of wine, you should like the results.

Steve

awesome! everyone, family and friends, (except for one), are still sweet fruity style...but i'm bringing them along slowly;)

awesome! everyone, family and friends, (except for one), are still sweet fruity style...but i'm bringing them along slowly;)
Yeah, I've got family/friends "stuck" in the sweet style wines. My wife and I prefer dry wines but enjoy the fruity sweet ones occasionally. But we are diabetic and need to avoid the sweet wines.

Steve

started this kit today! i love the way the instructions are done, with dates and check offs for each step!

oooh, the cap reminds me of my missouri chardonel grapes! it smells wonderful!

ok, i think i know the answer, but i'm gonna ask anyway...
this morning (day 5), the fermentation was more like skeeter pee bubbles instead of the rampant muddy waters i had at the beginning.
tonight, nothing, and s.g. 0.994
am i done?
can i go ahead and rack and not wait until "day 8" per the directions, or will i be missing something if i do that?

I am new here but have been making kit wines for 20+ (yikes) years I would rack if the SG is that low as wine is always "safer" in the glass carboy and with a SG below the 1.000 there will not be too much activity to worry about it making a messy airlock.

thanks jnk, i've just never seen a fermentation stop so suddenly. if my s.g. wasn't just right, i'd be worried something had happened, but i've always had fast fermentations...

thanks jnk, i've just never seen a fermentation stop so suddenly. if my s.g. wasn't just right, i'd be worried something had happened, but i've always had fast fermentations...

and that means tomorrow is the day for the next racking with the next additions in the instructions...it still smells delicious!

but i'm glad it has a flavor pack...i found the flavor to be pretty lacking:?

but i'm glad it has a flavor pack...i found the flavor to be pretty lacking:?
I think that the base of the mist kits is usually a bland low alcohol wine, not intended for consumption as is. I'm not much of a blush fan, so not tempted to try the base on it's own.

Steve

I think that the base of the mist kits is usually a bland low alcohol wine, not intended for consumption as is. I'm not much of a blush fan, so not tempted to try the base on it's own.

Steve
thanks steve, but then i wonder about the overall quality of the kit in the first place...i guess it's just designed to be quick.

thanks steve, but then i wonder about the overall quality of the kit in the first place...i guess it's just designed to be quick.
Sorry countrygirl, you bought a Mist wine kit, a cooler type wine. Not exactly a high quality wine style. Think Boones, Wild Vines and Arbor Mist at the commercial wine store.

The value of this kit (so to speak) is in the flavouring and sweetening pouch. It makes a wine that non wine drinkers love, and that many wine drinkers enjoy as a refreshing summer drink.

EDITTED to add price comments: Where I shop, this kit was $51 last year. The cheapest kit they sell was $48. The cheapest kit (other than a Mist kit) that I would buy from them was $63 (or about 24% more money). The normal kits that I buy are $90 and over.

Steve

Last edited:
Yeah, Countrygirl. Steve's right. The quality of the kit isn't very good. Thankfully the taste of it will be!

I've made 2 mist kits, and one of them is the Niagara Mist Blackberry Malbec, just 1 week ago. I tasted the must after degasing, and it tasted very, very bland. Almost like if you'd take a glass of wine, and add the same volume of water to it. I wasn't very impressed. But once you add that syrup and let it clear, you're going to love it...trust me.

The way I think of it...the must part is just for the alcohol. Almost all of the flavour comes out when you add the syrup.

i can definitely see this for what it is now, thanks for input.
i do have alot of nonwine drinkers, so they will probably love it, but after some of the other wines i've done, i just couldn't believe it, lol.

Latest posts

Back