Rocky Top's Scuba Scrounge Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rocky Top said:
Posted Bygaudet--I meant to say just add it like you add creamer to your coffee and on the rocks. You can get the international liquid coffee creamers or the nestle ones whichever you prefer. Or just go to Cost Plus World Market to find different flavorings to add like a shot at a time to your beverage.

Ohh OK, I will try that. You can add as you go.

Righto. That way if someone likes hazelnut, pop a shot of that in there on the rocks, Irish cream, kaluha, etc......

Crowd pleasing all tastes.

I'm going to have to come up with a scrounge wine. And it can't be a copy of someone else's wine. Hmmmm.... What to scrounge... You guys are a great inspiration to the truly cheap!
smiley36.gif

This batch is going so well I thought that I would Start a larger batch. So I went back to Goodyear to get more coffee. This time they sent me back out the door. The nerve of some people!!
smiley36.gif

second.jpg

I have an aquaintance in our little town who runs the local cafe. I'm trying to figure out something to work with her. I don't want to be shown the door there, then we wouldn't have any place to eat in town other than the bar!
smiley19.gif

PWP , You couldgetsome rice and make rice wine. ( sake) You could then add some honey or orange or anything for flavor.

I could get thrown out of arestaurant every night and never run out of places to eat. By the time I ran out of places to eat I could start over in the same buildings with new restaurants. In fact I could just about do that in walmart alone. We have seven Walmart stores within 20 miles. Each have at least one restaurant that changes every year.

gaudet said:
Nice work Scu, err Rocky nice job

Yehh!!,"A Scuba Scrounge Wine" In other words this wine qualifies for the Scuba Scrounge wine Competition.
smiley4.gif

Rocky Top said:
gaudet said:
Nice work Scu, err Rocky nice job

Yehh!!,"A Scuba Scrounge Wine" In other words this wine qualifies for the Scuba Scrounge wine Competition.
smiley4.gif

But will you offer a decaf version????
smiley36.gif

Sure !!! And if you would like to pay more you can get the same wine for ten times the price with a pretty Label !!!

decaf2.jpg

coffeecup4.jpg

well 10 times what you put into it is still a bargain...........

Nice labels by the way.....................
smiley1.gif

Back to the Wine:

1/25/09 Liberated Coffee.
acid blend 1 1/2 tsp
tannin 1/4 tps
Added sugar SG 1.090
1 crushed campden tab

1/26/09 pitched yeast

1/31/09 SG 1.015 racked

2/7/09 SG 0.997 racked, added K-Meta and Sorbate, topped off

2/10/09 back sweeten to SG 1.010

I just tasted it and it is pretty good. It is not at all what I thought it would be.It taste like a burgundy at first then turns almost chocolateand then it finishes with a sweet coffee flavor. I think that if I add a little hazel nut it will be great.

HPIM0976.jpg

Latest posts

Back