RJ Spagnols RJS Winery Series Super Tuscan

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Finally got this started tonight as when I bought it, it was missing the grape pack so I emailed Lisa at RJS and she mailed it to me and I received it yesterday and got her fired up tonight. Added a little extra heavy French toasted oak as I like the Oak Monster. So far I really love the higher end RJS products and the price I can get these kits locally.I really dont know how this little old lady can sell these at these prices and stay in business but I like it.

Wade, do you know what blend they use for theSuper Tuscan? Can't wait to hear how it turns out.

It doesnt say so I would assume Sangiovese is the main player with a Cab-Sauv, and a Merlot.

There might be a splash of cab-franc as well for color, and over-the-top fruit. Basically, like any supertuscan, start with Sangiovese, and blend in any bordeaux varietal to spice it up.

I originally bought my sangiovese to blend with my cab for a super tuscan. I plan to do bench trials in small jugs after they've both aged with oak a bit. Any suggestions on when to blend. I've read that it's better to blend prior to bulk aging, but I'm not sure I could tell if I liked it that early.

My guess is to blend like you said, before aging so they can properly blend together and establish the final taste.

Thanks Wade. That's what I'll do. Be sure to keep us posted on this one.

Latest posts

Back