RJ Spagnols RJS En Primeur Winery Series - Italian Super Tuscan

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this the old 18L kit or the new 14L?
It is the 14-liter kit and it had two bags of crushed grape skins, one liter each. The only disappointment I had with it was the inclusion of EC-1118 yeast instead of something more specific. I may add RC212 and have both yeasts working once the EC kicks in.

It is the 14-liter kit and it had two bags of crushed grape skins, one liter each. The only disappointment I had with it was the inclusion of EC-1118 yeast instead of something more specific. I may add RC212 and have both yeasts working once the EC kicks in.
Curious to hear how the new 14L stacks up against the tried and true 18L EP Super Tuscan. I bought a handful of the 18L back when I noticed they were being discontinued.

Curious to hear how the new 14L stacks up against the tried and true 18L EP Super Tuscan. I bought a handful of the 18L back when I noticed they were being discontinued.
I know what you mean, Brian. I remember when they announced the "new and improved" but smaller version, and I was skeptical. This will be my first of the smaller kits. Unfortunately, the 18-liter kits are just a memory and there are no survivors!

Anyone have any feedback on the 14L version yet? Still enjoying the old 18L version and have plenty of bottles of it on hand, but may need to start a 14L in the near future provided it's as good as the old 18L.

Latest posts

Back