RJ Spagnols RJ Spagnols Grand Cru Washington Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone else had the issue of the "tea bags" busting open? I am stirring these batches a lot. I'm thinking next time, because the hops bag is so long, I'll just dump all the grape skins in and tear open the tea bags & put in with it. & tie at the very end. Anyone else doing this?

Thats what I do, they make a mess when they spill all over!

Day 35

Day 35 is coming up this week - July 7. Looking forward to bottling my first kit. I'm sure once I start, I'll have questions to post.

Brian

Freezing the wine

I've been reading & researching freezing for taste. So anyone with experience, please chime in, i'd love to hear some experienced winemakers advice.

I just put a some of my merlot in a 750ml PET bottle & in the freezer, & one in the fridge & of course have some in the cellar.

In 3-5 days I am going to have a tasting to see what the difference is.

I put the final partial bottle from bottling in the fridge & can't believe how good it is. That cheap Beringer I've been drinking is gonna go.. I better start another batch of Merlot!! I'll have this gone in a few months. :h

Brian

Back