Ritchies steriliser/cleaner

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPVagabond

Junior
Reaction score
Afternoon all

Quick question. Does anyone know what's in it? The label doesn't say. If smells chlorine-y.

I'm not worried but I got some in my mouth by syphoning like a bad guy in movie. Didn't swallow it but if I end up having seizures and being rushed to hospital they say to bring information about what you've taken.

I'd assume the warnings on the tub are intended for the ingredient in it's concentrated powered form.

Thanks

I just spent a few minutes googling, and I couldn't find the answer. One random forum poster said that it contained chlorine and bicarbonate/hydroxide, but who knows?

I personally wouldn't use something that I didn't know the makeup of, but that is just me!

Yeah. It came with a kit.

I'm surprised how it's widely available but no retailer lists it's composition. Neither does the manufacturer. Weird.

If it came in a kit from a well known manufacturer, e.g. RJ Spagnol, WinExpert, etc. it is likely safe to use. If you have any misgivings, don't use it. Unscented OxiClean is readily available and inexpensive for cleaning as is Potassium Metabisulfite for killing baddies. They are my "go to" products for cleaning and sanitizing and probably for many others on the forum.

Latest posts

Back