questions from an amator

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopin

Reaction score
Hello all

I made some grape wine one week ago. I let it fermented only 8 days and then I began to bottle right away. I tasted it and it looked fine so I am drinking it.
Now my only problem is that is this a problem to drink the wine so fast.
I mean, I read here, u have to rack it then wait, then you bottle it, then wait so I was afraid of doing anything wrong. I just couldn't wait (lol).
Anyway, can someone explain me about this?

Thank you

chopin:

Does it taste good? Are you enjoying it?

If yes, then no problem. Ignore us old fuddy-duddies who enjoy doing lots of work. :b

Steve

Thanks for your reply, Cpfan.

I am just curious to know what happen to wine after three or six months.

By the way, it tastes fine, I mean more than those I buy on supermarket.

Thanks again

Like many other things in life it becomes more complex and much smoother. Some things in life ecome better after time just like some foods taste better the next day or like whiskey or Scotch.

Chopin:

Heck I'm surprised that it looked fine. Is there sediment in the bottom of the bottles yet?

Steve

Like many other things in life it becomes more complex and much smoother. Some things in life ecome better after time just like some foods taste better the next day or like whiskey or Scotch.

word.

the longer you wait, the better it can get. wine is especially like that. was i made from store bought juice, a kit or by crushing grapes? if juice or kit, then the racking isn't as important. racking is to clear and bulk age. bulk aging will allow all flavors to meld and help make each bottle the same. you might have some bottles that taste slightly different. also, if you did not degass, you might have some pop or taste carbonated.

make more wine and you won't have to worry about waiting as there are some ready!:r

I made it by crushing grapes and yes, it taste a little like carbonated, but I have to say I enjoy it more than those that I buy. Specially the flavour is so wonderfull. Those wines that I buy got a chemical flavour. And the problem is I am not finding sulphites here.
I live in Albania by the way. Anyway, I consider my winemaking in an experimental phase.

Thank for your replies

Chopin, I am forced to respond, in honesty. I too am in a continual experimentation stage making wine.

I am working on my 28th batch of wine, few have made it to bottles, and few have made it more than a month or two.

I am quilty of breaking the first rule of winemaking, PATIENCE< PATIENCE< PATIENCE!!:(

Drinking it early is fine, I personally try not to admit it. If you grew tomatoes, would you eat them while they were green, or have the patience until they ripened and turned red? They will definitely be edible but the results will be different.

Would like to have came up with a different analogy, but thats the best I could come up with on a moments notice.:D

keep on brewing, no matter what. Whatever you make by yourself will always be better than what you can buy.

Troy

:b

If you grew tomatoes, would you eat them while they were green, or have the patience until they ripened and turned red? They will definitely be edible but the results will be different.

Would like to have came up with a different analogy, but thats the best I could come up with on a moments notice.:D

Some people eat raw cookie dough... 'nuff said lol

Yes, Articsid, I have noticed that when you do do somethinf by yourself is much better that those you can buy.

I hope it's not only subjectivism

Latest posts

Back