WineXpert Question for you Raisin adders, Tweakers and other miscreants.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone comment on the oil in raisins?

I have been looking for golden raisins but all have oil listed on the package. Yes Sun-Maid raisins do not but that does me no good if I can't find a store that sells them.

thx and cheers

I have been using the Zanth currants for a few recent batches, and although not listed as an ingredient, they seemed to have a slight oily texture... I decided to wash them with a mild dish detergent solution. Rinced repeatedly and then sprayed down with kmet. Seemed to work well...

I have been using the Zanth currants for a few recent batches, and although not listed as an ingredient, they seemed to have a slight oily texture... I decided to wash them with a mild dish detergent solution. Rinced repeatedly and then sprayed down with kmet. Seemed to work well...

thx for the info, i may have to go that route eventually. i still have a trip to the big city to search some more stores. Thinking maybe Pete's Frootique (NS readers will know that store)

cheers

Back