Pump question for the whole house filtering system

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RotGut76

Reaction score
As much as I would love to get an allinonewinepump, and it is definitely on my list, I am extremely fiscally challenged at the moment. I would also like to point out that I am in no way trying to say anything bad about vacuumpumpman's product. The reviews speak for themselves. And even if my ghetto system described below works I would still buy the allinone when the funds are available to me.

So....

As I was watching a video on youtube regarding the buon vino mini jet I noticed the sealed "vacuum" bung like the one used with the allinone was not being used. They just put the hose into one carboy and filtered it into the other.

If I already have a pump like this:

Could it be used in conjunction with the filter assembly to safely filter wine? It states that it is food grade. And its about $15.

Here are the specs on the pump:

This is a high quality made low noise, High Temperature mini DC water pump . The motor shaft is coated with a layer of ZrO2 (zirconium oxide) to improve temperature handling and better tolerance on Acid/Alkaline. It can pump water at as high as 100'C continuously for 24/7 ! The brushless motor is sealed inside so it's 100% water proof.

Motor is a brushless so that it's more quiet and last longer than a non-brushless water pump. Plus,it will not generate any 'electric spark' (noise) like a brush type motor does so it's more safe to operate it at a location where flammable gas may exists. Ideal for coffee maker or other hot water processing application.

* CE, FCC, and FDA Certified *

Input: DC 12V
Output: 1.85L/min (29 gallon/hour)
Cut off: 1.0M (3.3ft) @23V
Current: 500mA @12V
Intake: 9.0mm Dia.
Outlet: 7.0mm Dia.
Life span: > 20,000hrs @ 1,600rpm~10,00rpm
Noise: << 20dB
Fluid Temp: 100'C (inline only, not submersed)
Envir Temp: <50'C
Size(L*W*D): 32mmx22mmx36mm (1.26" X 0.87" X 1.42")
Weight (net): 2.0oz
Weight (Pkg): (5.0oz)

RotGut76 said:
As much as I would love to get an allinonewinepump, and it is definitely on my list, I am extremely fiscally challenged at the moment. I would also like to point out that I am in no way trying to say anything bad about vacuumpumpman's product. The reviews speak for themselves. And even if my ghetto system described below works I would still buy the allinone when the funds are available to me.

So....

As I was watching a video on youtube regarding the buon vino mini jet I noticed the sealed "vacuum" bung like the one used with the allinone was not being used. They just put the hose into one carboy and filtered it into the other.

Could it be used in conjunction with the filter assembly to safely filter wine? It states that it is food grade. And its about $15.
QUOTE]

The buon vino uses a pressure style pump unlike a vacuum pump. The pump you are referring to be used with filtering - I believe is not going to be strong enough to push thru the filter element. It appears that under no restrictions it delivers approx 1/2 gallon per minute . I would go bigger if you can

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back