Problems in the Bottling Process

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winedesign

Junior
Reaction score
I'm a graduate student, studying product design, doing a project on the wine industry. My group and I are researching the bottling process to find the areas that are most frustrating, strenuous, time consuming, etc to then redesign the products associated with that step in order to make the bottling process a little easier. We would really appreciate any feedback as to what steps in the process you all think are frustrating and could use some redesigning and why!

we have also put together a short survey, so if you have a few minutes we would love your input
smiley4.gif

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8PCRNKY

submit your results so we can read and analyze

i would like to see a corking system that fed corks to the corker that would be a mid level piece of equipment between the floor corkers we all know and the professional machines

also i have an emolmatic vac bottler w inline filter...would like a machine that did more than one bottle...again something just below the expensive machines but capable of multiple bottles

i can recommend the Primerica automatic labeller ( hope that is ok) it is a great great machine but below that is really just the hands and maybe a jig that someone has made in their shop or home

i do not use foils...personal reasons

I came up with a "jig" for labeling. It is just a piece of plywood with 2 rails to cradle the bottle. A vertical piece at one end has a hole cut to accept "most" bottles. (Since I use recycled bottles, the diameter does vary!). A 3" machine screw with a nut and wingnut holding a fender washer, on the back side of the upright, allows adjustment of depth. The bottle is inserted and the vertical piece acts as a straight-edge for application of the label. Much better than my Mark 1 eye-ball method!

I have hopefully gotten a picture of my labeling setup to post. It was just some scraps I had from another project. The measurements are not critical. Other than to have the adjustment screw close to the edge of the cutout.

Latest posts

Back