powerball jackpot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g8keeper

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
well i don't normally buy a lot of lottery tickets, normally just the 2 dollars a week for a small pool at work, but i think i just might have to make an exception this week....the powerball jackpot is expected to be up over 400 million dollars....i think i may have to take a chance and buy a few tickets.....that could buy a whole lotta wine making supplies and a lotta other things as well....lol...anybody else planning on buying tix???....

I know that the lottery is just a tax on people who are bad at math (joke), but I usually buy a few dollars worth when the jackpots are really high. I won't win, but a few bucks for a few minutes of excitement and a couple days of good daydreaming is worth it. :D

Why only when its this high? Do you think its not worth it to win only say 4 million!! I don't know about you but that would solve every one of my problems and then some! Probably create a few Jew ones also!!!!! I don't buy them very often and honestly do as you do only when its very high but in reality why do we do it. We probably have a much better chance if we played more often with only say 1 ticket per week then 10 tickets when its 465 million.

Nah, Wade, $4 million would just confuse my accountant. On the other hand, $4 million here and $4 million there, pretty soon you are talking about real money! :)

I can't remember what state had the tag line "all it takes is a dollar and a dream" but as Boatboy points out, I always thought it was worth the dollar just to think about all the fun things that I would do with the money.

I'm in a pool at work with 11 others. Each week we pitch in $5.00 each and get tickets. My wife's office only plays when it's high, they won $100 from Wednesday's drawing so that was reinvested this past Saturday.

You know the saying "Money can't buy happiness" that may be true but it can sure rent a hell of a lot of it....

Why only when its this high? Do you think its not worth it to win only say 4 million!! I don't know about you but that would solve every one of my problems and then some! Probably create a few Jew ones also!!!!! I don't buy them very often and honestly do as you do only when its very high but in reality why do we do it. We probably have a much better chance if we played more often with only say 1 ticket per week then 10 tickets when its 465 million.

I work in finance, so I'm all about return on investment. If I'm going to invest (and I use the term very loosely) in lottery tickets only a few times a year, I want to be sure I get the biggest bang for my buck. Losing money every week would be too depressing. :D

I'm the same as you guys. I don't even think about playing until it goes around 200 million or more. At this point it is worth the few bucks for me to fantasize a bit.

If I win, I'll buy all of you a high-end wine kit!

One kit for all of you to share!!!!

Latest posts

Back