Powder Coating

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaudet

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the cast iron patio furniture my wife and I had redone and powder coated. The set was two chairs, a table, and bench. I think it came out great. It cost us $500 to have it powder coated, but we figured since they had to do it twice to cover the nuts and bolts once reassembled and it would pretty much last our lifetime, that it was worth it.

Benchbefore.jpg
BenchAfter.jpg

Chairbefore.jpg
ChairAfter.jpg

TableBefore.jpg
TableAfter.jpg

Edited by: gaudet

It is an expensive process for over-sized items. I paid $400 to powder coat the5wheels (rims) of my last Jeep. Our patio/pool furniture is powder coated. It came that way new. It was very expensive. It is over 10 years old but still looks brand new. If you are happy with it and it was worth it to you, then it was worth it.

I disassembled each piece. They sand blasted 50+ years of old paint and rust off of it. I want to say there was over 30 individual pieces in that set. It had to be reassembled after the first powder coating and baking. It was resprayed, coated, and baked a second time (that added another $100 to the total)

I haven't seen the exact set that we have for sale other than the occasional ebay or craigslist ad, but I think to purchase this set in the condition its in now would cost at least $1000 The wife says she wouldn't sell it for $2000, and shes the one that needs to be happy.

Latest posts

Back