Bar Battle Stations!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seth8530

The Atomic Wine Maker
Reaction score
Man your battle stations! Well... your bar battle stations! This thread is dedicated to those who have a love for the home bar and craft cocktail/drink making! If possible provide pictures and background.

So, over the past couple months or so the girlfriend and I have been looking around for some sort of bar furniture to hold our rapidly growing barware and liquor collection. Eventually it got to the point where my dresser was completely covered in various bottles of fine whiskie, rum,gin and brandy. However, with midterm exams coming their was not much we could do about it.

However, yesterday... A terrible thing happened. Mein, lovely.. trustworthy... and very loose in chair died.. I tried sitting down in front of the computer with a kitchen chair.. But it just was not the same. Without hesitation, I gathered the girlfriend and we set out to find me a new chair....

Until, the clicking sound coming from the car became unbearable! I stopped at the O'Rieleys to check my oil and realized that I had burned the oil all the way down to the bottom of the dipstick! I ran into the store and purchased some stopleak for the oil burning problem as well as a quart of oil... As I was leaving the parking lot I saw that the office depot next door to the auto store was having a "Chair Sell" I was like common, this must be too good to be true. So, I stopped the car and went inside.

It did not take long for me to find myself a chair that I found sat my buttox to its satisfaction. I sat down, and it was love at first sight.. I looked at the price tag, $130.. Ouch, but no price is too high for my buttox.

( The sad remains of my old chair and the new chair that I type this post from)

As I was turning to leave the store my eye caught on this " computer desk".. But I looked at it and thought " That is no computer desk.... That is a Home Bar Battle Station!" I looked at the price tag.. Ouch $250.. A bit too much, but I was in love. I would not listen to reason (or the gf)... So reluctantly, she let in and decided we should get it. I talked to the staff and after managing to dig it out of storage they found that their last desk they could sell had a big oll crack in it... I was heartbroken.... Until they told me they would sell it to me for $50.. I left the store feeling like I had robbed the place.

Once I got home I realized that that while the desk might have cost $50 it was going to end up taking at least 3 hours to put together.... So after, putting my chair together (I like my chairs) and then 3 hours of putting together a "desk" while using a screwdriver as a hammer... The Battle Station was completed.. And to make matters even better... The massive crack in the desk surface appears to be superficial and it even faces the bottom. The only thing missing was the bottom of the drawer on the right side of the desk... and that was easily replaced with a piece of cardboard and some "leftover" nails.

So without further ado, I give you my home Bar Battle Station!

( Nice view of overall bar setup)

(Closer view where you can see the glass and liqour collection a little better)

So as you can see I have all of my "Top Shelf" stuff on the top shelf. On the actual "work surface" I keep all my of main mixing liquors and spirits. In the drawer to the right, I keep my jiggers, lewis bag, citrus press corkscrew and bar spoon. In the cabinet on the bottom right, I keep my bar straws and shakers.

We plan on bringing in a minifridge to put under the bar to store things such as lillet, gingerbeer, tonicwater, white and red vermouth as well as our homemade brandied and mariscino cherries. We might even put a beer or two in thier along with some lemons and limes.

Now, I am convinced this $50 desk would of made an awful desk.. I mean what are those top shelves meant for? CDs? They are certainly to small for folders. However, they are just the right size for glassware..

Oh, and an example of one of our cocktails...

So questions, comments? Anyone want to share their own home bars?

Last edited:
Seth, that is seriously a fab setup you made. And on a budget yet! Sorry bout the car, but without it you would't have found the "?chair sell". Hoping needed car repair isn't the next bill you need to pay.

Pam in cinti

Seth when I looked at that pic of your old chair I lol! :)And although you paid more than you wanted to on your new chair you will have a long lasting relationship I'm sure and it does look comfy! And great find on the bar battle station, looks good! :b

Ha! Thanks for the replies guys.

and yes, the chair is great... So, does anyone else have any homebars? Homebars in the making perhaps?

Nice collection. Looks like you are running the gambit in your bar. I see Taliskar, Noahs Mill, Bulliet, and Glenmorangie. Which do you prefer, Bourbon or Scotch if you had to choose? I really like Laphroig ( Love me some Peat )

Ahh, comon now, how is that a fair question? I love them both; however, I am willing to say that if you were to throw a dart and the scotch isle and a dart on the bourbon isle that you would be more likely to hit something good on the scotch isle. But, their is something amazingly special about a superb bottle of bourbon such as pappy van winkle... The Noah's Mill aint bad either by a long shot.

I have not tried the Laphroig, but if you really love scotch, you should try watching some of Ralfy's videos on youtube. Also, I am a big fan of Old Pultney 12 yr... For the price it cant be beat.. well maybe..

I sub to Ralfy's videos and love them. Also I have been in a scotch bar in downtown Knoxville a few times and LOVE it. The name escapes me at this moment though.

Latest posts

Back