Posted in wine deal forum but no takers. Here it is again.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not familiar with the wine, but yes, the 2021 can be totally different from the 2019.

A while back I learned (the hard way) to check that Vivino is displaying the correct year. The rating (across 10 years of wine) was really good, but the new vintage was WAY too young and harsh.

I am not familiar with the wine, but yes, the 2021 can be totally different from the 2019.

A while back I learned (the hard way) to check that Vivino is displaying the correct year. The rating (across 10 years of wine) was really good, but the new vintage was WAY too young and harsh.
I just clicked the link and the price came up at $7.99. Something may not have copied correctly. The reason I posted was because the price on the app was $85. for 2019.

Aldi is owned by the same company as Trader Joes, therefore it's probably from one of the many labels that TJ owns.

This is just an aside: There are two Aldi chains, Aldi Nord and Aldi Süd. They are different companies. Aldi Süd operates grocery stores in the US, but Aldi Nord does not. Aldi Nord is the company that owns Trader Joe's.

Aldi - Wikipedia

Aldi is owned by the same company as Trader Joes, therefore it's probably from one of the many labels that TJ owns.
" Trader Joe's founder Joe Coulombe sold his business to Theo Albrecht in 1979, officially making the Albrecht family the proud owners of both prosperous markets."

"Let’s get this out of the way right up front: ALDI does not own Trader Joe’s — and while we’re at it, Trader Joe’s does not own ALDI. "

It gets confusing, but Aldi Nord and Aldi Sud are two different companies and the Aldi Nord stores in the USA are not owned by Trader Joes nor is Trader Joes owned by Aldi Nord. The confusing history of of both Aldi companies is available on the net.

" Trader Joe's founder Joe Coulombe sold his business to Theo Albrecht in 1979, officially making the Albrecht family the proud owners of both prosperous markets."

"Let’s get this out of the way right up front: ALDI does not own Trader Joe’s — and while we’re at it, Trader Joe’s does not own ALDI. "

It gets confusing, but Aldi Nord and Aldi Sud are two different companies and the Aldi Nord stores in the USA are not owned by Trader Joes nor is Trader Joes owned by Aldi Nord. The confusing history of of both Aldi companies is available on the net.

(Bolded by me.) I agree it is confusing. In particular, Aldi Nord does not operate in the US. Aldi Süd does.

Okay, Aldi Nord does not "own" TJ. But the same family that owns Aldi Nord also owns TJ.

Well this thread took a left turn. Initially I was asking about the wine. If you tap on the blurry attachment, it is clear to read.
😁 Ha Ha, we do tend to get "off the tracks" at times but I enjoy it. There are always tidbits of information previously unknown to me. For me, too much knowledge is never a problem.

"A little learning is a dangerous thing..."

All of this is correct, but my SIL lives in Germany, near Kiel. Aldi's there sometimes has TJ branded goods in the store, so there is some interaction between the companies. Sharing of wine labels might also happen. As you may or may not know, about 80% of the labels in a TJ are private TJ labels.

All of this is correct, but my SIL lives in Germany, near Kiel. Aldi's there sometimes has TJ branded goods in the store, so there is some interaction between the companies. Sharing of wine labels might also happen. As you may or may not know, about 80% of the labels in a TJ are private TJ labels.

Yes, and Kiel is in the NORTH of Germany. You know, where Aldi NORD operates. Aldi Nord does not operate in the US as Aldi. Only Aldi Süd does.

Latest posts

Back