Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dangerdave said:
I like that a lot! Very good job! :br

Thanks Dave! This is is sort of what I was describing in my ideas for new labels for your DB wine... This DB recipe really took off, why don't u market it commercially? I know that's probably not your line of business but it's so catchy it could be capitalized on lol

I've been asked that many times. I make wine for fun. I'm affraid if I went commercial, the fun would evaporate. Besides, I won't trade the interaction with these wonderful people ---like yourself---or the delight I read in their posts, or the pride in their accomplishments, or the smiles on the faces of my friends and family, for all the money in the world!

dangerdave said:
I've been asked that many times. I make wine for fun. I'm affraid if I went commercial, the fun would evaporate. Besides, I won't trade the interaction with these wonderful people ---like yourself---or the delight I read in their posts, or the pride in their accomplishments, or the smiles on the faces of my friends and family, for all the money in the world!

What an awesome attitude! Cheers to that!

ckvchestnut said:
Ok how about this? I centered the top DB better as well

I will also have to make the decision on what to print on, clear gloss labels, clear frosted labels, white or some kind of natural beige!!

Hi

I'm a noob in wine making and I have been looking at these labels in here and i was wondering how you buy your labels and where from. I live in the UK and i'm thinking i'm going to have to buy a4 sheets of stickers and make labels on them??

Thank you

Dave

nook6 said:
Hi I'm a noob in wine making and I have been looking at these labels in here and i was wondering how you buy your labels and where from. I live in the UK and i'm thinking i'm going to have to buy a4 sheets of stickers and make labels on them?? Thank you Dave
I know some people print on regular computer labels you can get them in the right size with 6 per sheet. Avery has different sizes. You can buy labels online designed for bottles... I'm currently looking at onlinelabels.com for clear sticky labels. I'm also considering printing on textured computer paper and spraying with a glossy finish as some other ppl do. This is my first time making bottle labels. I saw that some people buy sharpie paint markers and just write on their bottles and it washes off... So many options!

I know some people print on regular computer labels you can get them in the right size with 6 per sheet. Avery has different sizes. You can buy labels online designed for bottles... I'm currently looking at onlinelabels.com for clear sticky labels. I'm also considering printing on textured computer paper and spraying with a glossy finish as some other ppl do. This is my first time making bottle labels. I saw that some people buy sharpie paint markers and just write on their bottles and it washes off... So many options!

Thanks for the reply

It isnt any good me writing on the bottles i cant read my own writing so no one else would be able to read it lol.

I think i will start off just getting some stickers and see how i get on then maybe try to get proper wine labels and print them.

Dave

Can you get Avery labels from your local office supply store? They have labels that fit about the size of a small wine bottle label :) I'm sure there are other brands and they are relatively cheap, come in 8 1/2 x 11" sheets with 6 labels per sheet!

Can you get Avery labels from your local office supply store? They have labels that fit about the size of a small wine bottle label :) I'm sure there are other brands and they are relatively cheap, come in 8 1/2 x 11" sheets with 6 labels per sheet!

Thank you very much i will look into avery labels and see what i can find.

Dave

Faith Collapsing Font

I love your label too! It looks Paleolithic kind of!! Actually what font is that? That was more the font I was looking for for mine! Kind of the dungeons and dragons feel!

Here is where you can download that font. I am so glad you like it. The picture of it on the bottle is still wet but that is because I used egg whites as my glue.
http://www.fontspace.com/nihilschiz/faith-collapsing

Egg whites as glue?? Totally cool! Does it work really well? Thanks for the link! What about the torn affect of the label? How did you do that?

Egg whites as glue?? Totally cool! Does it work really well? Thanks for the link! What about the torn affect of the label? How did you do that?
egg whites, whole milk, or a combination of both all work well. You can throw a dash of flour in there as well for extra adhesion. And the great thing is they come right off with water.

Labels for a friend and a friends wedding

These are the labels I made for my friends daughters wedding. There were a few bottles left over so I made labels just for my friend.

Johanna2-001.jpg

4 bottle-001.jpg

Johanna Peach-001.jpg

Very nice Shelley! What a touching gesture for your friend. How much sugar did you add up front? I used 4 pounds and had an ABV of 12.63%

Sammy: I use around 3 pounds per kit. I am thinking about going up to 4 pounds on any kit I make from now on. I have had to ease everybody into the not so sweet mode. A lot of my friends thought the straight per direction kits I originally made were to dry for them so I have been slowly working my way from no sugar added to 3 pounds. It has only taken me over a year to do it.

The first kit Pear/Kiwi Melon I screwed up and they sent me a new one (it was my first kit ever) so on further reading I only added an extra pound of sugar because quite honestly I had no idea what I was doing and was "chicken". The next one I added 3 pounds and then after that 4 pounds. Every mist type kits since has been 4 pounds. Everyone is quite happy with the kits and are excited every time I buy a new one.

Two more on the way to me Sangria Seville Orange and and another Raspberry Peach Sangria. Still have 3 in the cellar I have not made but this is the time of the year my business is slow so I generally do 2 kits or wines at the same time. Still have in the freezer blueberries and strawberries from the year's pickings.

Flour and water is old fashioned wallpaper paste if I remember correctly. Idk how it would stick to glass but paper is good for sure.

Latest posts

Back