Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello guys,
let me share my label works for californian based winery.

Swami's - Tempranillo & Sangiovese (Logotype & Label design)

wj7e.jpg

kpdw.jpg

Cardinal Rule - Cabernet Sauvignon (Logogram & Label design)

11ew.jpg

:b

those labels are absolutely nice...!!

Seriously, don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry if the truth puts a damper on your fun. I would not have said anything at all except it was posted here that it was assumed to be ok to take others art if there is no copyright information. All I did was point out that the law says otherwise. One little sentence. I did not mean to incite a war about this. I didn't realize that I had struck such a nerve.

Please, everyone, understand - I am not judging you. All I wanted to do was share my experience, correct the error and make you aware of the law. Other than that I don't care what you post here. I WANT to see your labels. It's up to the site administrators to say whether or not they want labels posted here.

I thank you for your knowledge and sharing it with us.

I tried to find the artwork and it's owner, but I could not. I usually Google search for Images with Hummingbird in the search block. I found one similar and I am asking the rightful owner for permission to use it. I will let you know the outcome.

I suppose if any of us that wants to use someone else's artwork, It would be best to try an find the owner, ask permission and document all your efforts in case you're called into court.

One last thought for me. I would never do anything, intentionally, to bring harm or liability to this forum. So, again, I feel this was a good topic to discuss and probably should be done every so often as a reminder to all of us and educate new members.

I did not intend to upset the apple cart either. I only wanted others to be aware of the law. With a little reading one does not even need a lawyer to do a DMCA take down. I am not judging anyone either........! I truly love looking at the labels too.
Most of the time the "author/artist" will grant permission to use their art/written work and be flattered that someone else appreciates it.

And I was enjoying this thread too... Unsubscribing now. Nobody has time for that crap unless they're making money off the artwork. If an artist gives a crap that's what watermarks are for.

I have to agree with dessert maker, that is exactly why there are water marks, and why is this being brought up now after a 1000 or more post.

I like a 1000 others here are willing to take a chance that we won't have to serve to much time in the cell, maybe we can all hide out in the cellar:)

I plagiarize the internet also looking for label ideas....Could I get sued or shut down for steeling a none water mark photo ??? Possible but like 0.00001 % chance nothing will ever happen. I will take my chances!!!
PLEASE every one keep posting your labels here this is always the first page I check out when coming to this site.

I have to agree with dessert maker, that is exactly why there are water marks, and why is this being brought up now after a 1000 or more post.

Sorry. In the previous 1000 posts no one had ever stated that it was ok to take art that didn't have a copyright symbol. I apologize for raining on the parade. I don't advocate people stop making and posting labels and realize that the chances of there being a problem are small. I think we have pretty much covered the topic now and thing we should go back to focus on what we love. Wine and labels.

Last edited:
I think everyone has made their point and need to just drop it. Unless your the net police and ready to slap some cuffs on people give it a rest.
I find it hard to believe anyone can reach half the people they get the images from on here. Its impossable!! Some are even dead
I can say I do. Dont mean I did it. Yeah..yeah...I reach them every time. thats my story and Im sticking to it So there ya go!

I started this thread over a year and almost 1100 posts ago for us to have a central place to show off our labels and "steal" ideas from each other. Funny I actually used the word "steal" when I made the first post. As y'all know by now most of what I post is tongue-in-cheek.

Let's return to that theme of sharing our labels and ideas here.

This is the label for my recent RJS EP Pinot Noir. It's a photoshop version of a rear view picture of my daughter walking down the street in Palermo, Sicily. I love the picture, she looked just like Sophia Loren (to me). The first is the original picture, below is the label.

maria in street.jpg

pinot noir.jpg

dangerdave said:
Here's the label I made for my friend (Mr. Mitten) who gave me 35 pounds of blackberries he picked around his property. I think he'll like the blackberry wine I'm making...and the label. He has several German Short-haired Pointers. Great dogs!

Very nice!!

Tonyt that a great label, I agree it's hard to read the Pinot. Just my honest opinion if you don't mind, I was loving the first picture thinking that was your label. I like the actual picture of your daughter a zillon times better then the actual one you made. With that said I still like the one you made also.

Dave...what can I say about your label. Just a class act! I use to really like my label but I have to tell you, over the past several years the members on this forum has really taken the label part of the hobby to a whole new level. I wished I lived close to one of you so I could learn. Like Wade, I hate to read to learn. I do much better being shown and doing it hands on.

Keep posting pictures because I love the he!l out of them even if I don't comment on everyone.

Thank you, Dan. You know I value your opinon. I wish you lived closer, too. I'd show you how I do it, and we'd definately drain some bottles together. :b
If you ever want to develope a new label, just let me know if I can help. I'm no pro, but I derive great joy from the process...and I work for grape juice! :h

Back