Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could just picture drinking a glass of that one on a lazy, sunny breezy day out on the porch watching the trees sway... lol

Jeez I wish I could say the medley was planned but it was just extra I didn't want to get rid of. Hopefully thats not the only one we like because I am pretty sure I won't be able to duplicate it. :slp

Hate when that happens! like my previous year's concord wine... did something to make it taste superb but do you think I'd remember what I did a year later? That was my lesson learned on lack of note taking on my part... but I'm like you, waste NOTHING haha

Here's one for my strawberry chocolate, using jack Keller's recipe. I made this as a one gallon for the November wine of the month club here.

strawberrylabel.jpg

Wow Lori and Shelley! Lori's looks good enough to eat and Shelley's look even more awesome on the bottle - that's great!

Wow! Lori's looks good enough to eat and Shelley's look even better on the bottles! The blackberry looks great too!

ckvchestnut said:
Wow! Lori's looks good enough to eat and Shelley's look even better on the bottles! The blackberry looks great too!

Oops don't know what happened there! I didn't think the first post went through!

The best thing is the wine 'tastes' like chocolate covered strawberries. I can't wait till it's aged a year. (and probably won't be able to)

ckvchestnut said:
Wow everyone's labels are beautiful!! What size/brand are u using? I'm still looking for the most cost efficient way to go but like having a fuller size square or rectangle label over just a small shipping label.

Cost efficient? I don't think you could get any more cost efficient than plain white paper scissors and some glue stick :)

image-3222080023.jpg

LoneStarLori said:
The best thing is the wine 'tastes' like chocolate covered strawberries. I can't wait till it's aged a year. (and probably won't be able to)

I was wondering that very question!! You'll have let us know when u have taste of it! Did u follow a recipe from here?

Jamie said:
Cost efficient? I don't think you could get any more cost efficient than plain white paper scissors and some glue stick :)

Ya that's what I'm doing now or once I get the glue sticks... Egg whites made my labels too wet and started to peel at the corners. The only thing I was concerned about was how fast my ink jet cartridges drained! Well the other option is to have them colour copied for $.51 a page with 6 labels per page at my local office supply store... They have 8 1/2 x 11 size label sheets just have to cut out labels and stick them on the bottle.

Did u spray anything on yours or just glue them on?

Just plain old children's glue stick. After cutting them out I laid them upside own on another larger piece of paper so I could ensure I got glue stick all the way to the edges without getting it all over the table then stuck them on. They look great but not too sure about the durability. I'm sure they should be fine as long as they stay dry though.

LoneStarLori said:
I used one of Jack Keller's recipes. Here's a link to the wine of the month club post with the recipe. Strawberry chocolate wine Nice labels Jamie. I think I will make my next labels bigger. That looks classy.

Thanks for the link Lori I'll check it out! Yes Jamie's labels look classy too! Shelley sprays acrylic on the fronts of hers I think for better durability and uses the glue sticks I'm going to try that!

I love playing with designs! I've been doing magazine/newspaper design since 1997. So here's my Chi-Pass (*Edited to be pronounced as "Chee" i.e. Chi as in the Chinese variant for Energy/life force* Notice I changed the design to the Chinese symbol rather than the Greek one*) labels, and labels for batches I PLAN to make. I figure even if IF it turns out for crap, at least I have a label.

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Picture3.jpg

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

Last edited:
I was wondering about "X pass" from your wonderful intro post. I have always pronounced the Greek letter chi to have a hard K sound, and to rhyme with "eye," so perhaps "k-eye." I suppose it could have a sound that rhymes with "bee," just as phi is sometimes pronounced "f-eye" and sometimes pronounced "fee," although I have never heard chi pronounced that way.

But I really have never heard chi pronounced with a soft ch-, as in "cheese." Pardon my ignorance, but is "chee" a common pronunciation of chi?

Latest posts

Back