Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow everyone's labels are beautiful!! What size/brand are u using? I'm still looking for the most cost efficient way to go but like having a fuller size square or rectangle label over just a small shipping label.

Wow everyone's labels are beautiful!! What size/brand are u using? I'm still looking for the most cost efficient way to go but like having a fuller size square or rectangle label over just a small shipping label.

I make mine with varying sizes. Then just print them out on regular paper, give a couple coats of acrylic and cut and glue on. I tried using shipping labels, but I got to frustrated trying to make it fit right.

One more for today and then I am finished. I got this picture from one that was hanging in my Dads Hospital room and he mentioned how nice it would look on a wine label. How could I refuse.

Chardonnay.jpg

ShelleyDickison said:
One more for today and then I am finished. I got this picture from one that was hanging in my Dads Hospital room and he mentioned how nice it would look on a wine label. How could I refuse.

Pretty! What kind of glue do u use? Glue stick? How are u applying acrylic? Spray? Your labels come off easily I presume? I tried egg shires as glue but it didn't work great :)

It's just regular old glue sticks I have for doing crafts with the Grandbabies. The acrylic is a spray I got at Lowe's. I learned about it here on the site. I really wish I remember from who so I could give credit. As far as labels coming off just get them wet and let sit for about a minute. Most times you can pull the whole label in one piece, sort of like the old beer drinking label removing game. So far we have had good luck with the colors staying crisp even after being in the wine fridge for a long time. Probably wouldn't hold up if you stuck them in an ice bucket though.

I haven't tried acrylic spray on mine, Shelley. What process do you use? Do you lay them out flat? Hang them up? Since you've done this alot, tell me how you do it, please, before I give it a try.

I haven't tried acrylic spray on mine, Shelley. What process do you use? Do you lay them out flat? Hang them up? Since you've done this alot, tell me how you do it, please, before I give it a try.

Well the first time I did it was in the kitchen....skip that part. Normally I lay them out flat on a plastic table in the garage with the door up, but anything flat works and give them a light spray. You'll know if you miss any spots because of the different color to it. Then I wait about an hour to make sure they are dry and then give them a heavier coat. I do it before I cut them. Let them dry really well before you try cutting them. I have my craft fiskar cutter and if the paper is in anyway wet it will rip the paper. I am trying to find one of the old fashion paper cutters they had when I was in school but no such luck. Makes them a bit stiffer when you use a glue stick, but I really like the effect. I haven't tried the trick with using milk for glue with these so I am not sure how it would work.

wondering what paper everyone is using? I just started my first design and had some old resume paper around, really gave it some nice weight and texture. I'm thinking of using that, it also holds the color better than standard paper. Is anyone using photo paper, like a matte?

Lori, that label is a real beauty. I love the color play within those waves. I think I sat looking at it for 5 minutes straight here just daydreaming. And no, no wine has been consumed this am.

Pam in cinti

Shelley I've found lots of paper cutters in thrift stores. Hubby uses those and hole punch for his hobby. There are also Thrift type stores that are all office stuff. don't know what you'd call them, and never been in one, but it seems to be the new big thing in our neck of the woods.

Pam in cinti

I always try to get a nice heavy grade of paper, not the thin flimsy stuff. It does hold the cold better, and looks nicer.

I always try to get a nice heavy grade of paper, not the thin flimsy stuff. It does hold the cold better, and looks nicer.

I just use plain ole paper, but may try the heavier stock. That sounds like it would give a better look.

Some quick labels for 1 gallon batches

I made these out of welches juice but only one gallon. In March when we start trying them I will decide if I go bigger, then make a fancier label.

dragonfruit.jpg

Mango twist.jpg

Passionfruit.jpg

fruit medley.jpg

Nice! Those are fancy enough! So you made extra of each and blended them to get your medley? I like how the labels tie in with each other like a collection!

Nice! Those are fancy enough! So you made extra of each and blended them to get your medley? I like how the labels tie in with each other like a collection!

Jeez I wish I could say the medley was planned but it was just extra I didn't want to get rid of. Hopefully thats not the only one we like because I am pretty sure I won't be able to duplicate it. :slp

Latest posts

Back