Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they are both some awesome labels, the first one looks more classical? this tells me the wine has a lot of class to it. The second one is more artistic, this tells me that wine has many facets to it

Not sure if I'm explaining myself right. What I am trying to say is what does the wine taste like? taste it and then look at your labels to see which one says "yes, this is what it taste like." Does this make sense?

Both of those labels are great Duster!!!! I agree. I would go with the one that fits the wine.

Well I can't really settle on a label for the Dragon's Blood but here is another option, though nothing fancy.

DragonsBloodBloodyLabel.png

This is the first wine I have bottled after 25 gallons of wine and 5 gallons of beer. It is a Skeeter Pee wine made with about 3 pounds of blackberries and 2 pounds of peaches. It turned out pretty dark. A freind of mine gave me a 1.5 bottle of blackberry wine which was pretty sweet and a little strong in av. I took about half of that and added to my 5 gallons and that gave me the extra blackberry flavor I wanted and the sweetness. I didn't have to backsweeten.

I really like it and my wife does to. It is a semi sweet with that lemon tart kick.

I named it Yeller Fly as here where we live, in the woods of north Florida, we have yellow flies and they bite something awful. I actually plan visits to my Alabama home during Yellow fly season. The season ends once the wild blackberries and high bush huckleberries are gone, thus the name.

IMG_1098.jpg

Here is a back label I was going to put on it but my wife said it was stupid because it was not true. Hell, I did not expect anyone to think it was true. I still make make it.

backlabel2.jpg

Here is what I got for my first batch of skeeter pee. It will my first batch of any kind as a matter of fact. I back sweetened it yesterday so if I don't have fermentation restart in a few days I will be good to go. Before I print them I am gonna add date and ABV%.
Tom

20120906_233426.jpg

Last edited:
Runningwolf said:
I think it's a great label. Are you able to post just the label so we can read it? I was wonder what the wording was on the bottom. Great job!

I did it on line at Avery.com. I saved it but it has an *.avery format. Can't find anything to open the file. Next time I will use something different like MS Word. The fine print reads, 'Bottled 9-1-12, Good if opened after 12-1-12, Better if opened after 3-1-13, Best if opened after 9-1-13.'

Here are my latest labels for skeeter pee. Not set on them, but I'm having creative block right now. LOL What programs is everyone using? I use picmonkey.com and love it. I would like to expand my options though.

Strawberry Pee 1.jpg

Strawberry Pee 2.jpg

Back