Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The foil boarder was already on the blank labels. I just photoshop and print from a template. Every label features a different pinup girl.

Thanks ekrueger. It was difficult for me not to add color to stick with the original design concept. But I think I might make another with color...we'll see.

Finally got this one into bottles. I bought this and a Syrah (both CC Sterling) during a 2-for-1 sale at Northern Brewer last May. At just over 7 months of age, it's the longest I've "worked" a wine so far in my very short winemaking life. It's pretty good. Gave it some French oak and Tancor Grand Cru. I'm pretty pleased with this kit - IIRC, 12 litres with a 1.5 litre grape pack. A very respectable Merlot - especially after it was decanted for an hour or so.
Great image. It took me a while to figure out I'm looking through the wine glass at the shoreline. It made me think...so it is art! (the beautiful aesthetics aside of course).

staticmap

image-3519663458.jpg

Here s my first go at it... Any feedback is appreciated
Cool label shooter. I have a few observations for you to do with what you like.

It seems somewhat mono-chromatic. Maybe using a deep red in the red bird text could add some color and reinforce the "Red" in the text or replace it completely (see next).

The name might be a little too long. Bird Dog Wines flows better, but this is completely subjective.

You could make the picture just a bit wider and make it a banner going accross the label...the tiny bit of space on the sides really doesn't do much design wise. Also putting a border (dark line) accross the the top and bottom of the picture would help it "pop" against the background.

Seperating the alc and volume so they are in the corners of the bottom can help ground the image, giving it a visual foundation (like a triangle).

30 bottles of peach Catawba added to the cellar this weekend. Were gonna let it bottle age to at least mid summer then start sampling.
After a large amount of wine diamonds dropped from our straight Catawba I decided to cold crash this batch and I'm glad I did.

Photo-0095.jpg

Photo-0096.jpg

Back