Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful, Jim. Here in my part of Ohio the soil is so alkaline, it is impossible to have Azaleas without a daily dousing of acid. I am originally from Pennsylvania and we had a very acid soil. Azaleas grew like weeds. Your middle picture seems to be a Redbud. What is the first picture?
Hackberry. A "trash tree." This one is 40+ years old.

Nothing is a trash tree compared to Bradford Pear Trees. Ugly, weak trees that smell of rotting fish for about a week every spring.
And yet they have planted them by the millions over the last 10 years or so. There is not a new piece of retail or commercial housing/apartment complex in many parts of the country that does not have them planted. They are especially all over ABQ now.

Actually, we love hackberry trees for our wood stove. Good burning wood.

Not to "muddy this (thread) up too much," but actually (ahem) hackberry is called a "trash tree" because it does not have commercial wood value and grows so that it cannot easily be cut into boards. I am equal opportunity about wood burning in my stove, and if I didn't like this hackberry, it would have been gone long ago.

Nothing is a trash tree compared to Bradford Pear Trees. Ugly, weak trees that smell of rotting fish for about a week every spring.
And they produce what is considered an intrusive species (Callery pear). We have them everywhere here along with Russian/Olive Autumn trees. As a side note, All Bradford pear trees come from one single original tree. All others are clones or clones of clones.

Back