Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was there twice in the late 90's. What was crazy was the variation in spacing between the planks. You had to pay attention to your steps, or your foot might fall through!
Wow, how did you find your way not once but twice to that spot since its basically in the middle of nowhere!

I did NOT care for the tram ride (single point failure) ...... LOL

We did take the car down to the river which was pretty fun.

1706578118947.jpeg

1706578258089.jpeg

1706578224213.jpeg

1706578288341.jpeg

Wow, how did you find your way not once but twice to that spot since its basically in the middle of nowhere!

I did NOT care for the tram ride (single point failure) ...... LOL

We did take the car down to the river which was pretty fun.

View attachment 109846

View attachment 109848

View attachment 109847

View attachment 109849

Never did the tram, but the car was pretty cool. I used to travel to Denver and CO Springs for work - sometimes two weeks at a time, so a weekend of excursions was often in order. Was there one year and did Garden of the Gods and Royal Gorge. A year later, was back with a co-worker and ended up doing them again. Second time, did a horseback trail ride down and around the gorge - good times.

Were they still allowing cars to cross when you were there? That was a crazy feeling, being a pedestrian as a car was slowly crossing.

Last edited:
My BIL was the lead engineer on this little project:

Mike_O%27Callaghan–Pat_Tillman_Memorial_Bridge_From_Hoover.jpg

The Chesapeake Bay Bridge is over 180 feet above the water. Not so bad, but it's very open, with what feels like almost nothing to keep you on it.
Are you talking about the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel? I've been over that several times and never noticed it being very high. It's listed as having a 40' clearance over the water.

Are you talking about the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel? I've been over that several times and never noticed it being very high. It's listed as having a 40' clearance over the water.

Nope, the Bay Bridge, near Anapolis.

Latest posts

Back