Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has made a huge difference to my storage and function, along with my vacuum pump. I used to store my empties under my desk, now I can store full, empty, whatever!

I've been bottling and transferring in my room since I got the pump, which makes for way less carrying. Just using the laundry for cleaning, now. The pump has really been one of those 'how did I get by without this' purchases.

I made a dolly on 6 wheels and I made sides as a backup plan. I sealed the corners and may put a liner on it one day, but for now I am not likely to ruin my floor with a wine incident.

I was also so pleased with the breathable bung that was gifted to me that I was willing to shell out the cost for more! The only way I can fit them in the space under the desk. No room for airlocks.

PXL_20221129_174539988.jpg
PXL_20221129_190441585.jpg

PXL_20221201_192641971.jpg
PXL_20221201_192724581.jpg

Last edited:
This is pretty cool. 11 months and I finally have enough homemade wine to set up the wine rack!
Looks great!

Do you have it secured to the wall? If not, I strongly urge you to purchase or manufacture a bracket that you can screw into a stud. Tall racks can tip over, and that is a tragedy!

Looks great!

Do you have it secured to the wall? If not, I strongly urge you to purchase or manufacture a bracket that you can screw into a stud. Tall racks can tip over, and that is a tragedy!
I appreciate the warning, but I do have it screwed. Tragedy is an understatement!

I like your setup - what are the blue grooves for on your desk?
T track. My room was set up for reloading (there's only so many reasons for a grown man to have his own room) before I started making wine. It's for my presses and other equipment. Bolts slide in the track and I can mount anything anywhere along the track.

I bet if I were to start again there would be a sink in the design. I chose the den over the spare room because of the flooring. Knowing what I know now, I would choose more space and rip out the carpet. 😂

Latest posts

Back