Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
125310561_10158837425698281_2343493155457969900_n.jpg

This makes me thirsty. 😄 If only the A-B Inbev beer distributor would listen to my pleas and stock it in stores near me. I drove nearly 80 miles round trip last time to get it – and bought everything they had. A grocery store near me stocks it sometimes, two 12-packs at a time. It is constantly sold out. If it is there, I make it sell out. So, I don't get it, if it sells out every single time, why not stock more? I tell 'em all: "You stock two 12s, I'm buying them, You stock four, I'm buying them. Six, here's my money. Eight? Sure." But they don't listen. Yet 39 miles from me, in the same county, that Walmart has them all the time (but NOT the Walmart seven miles from me). 33 miles from me, a Target has them all the time. It's nuts...

Thats how far we have to drive just to get to pretty much any big box store in these parts!

View attachment 105352

This makes me thirsty. 😄 If only the A-B Inbev beer distributor would listen to my pleas and stock it in stores near me. I drove nearly 80 miles round trip last time to get it – and bought everything they had. A grocery store near me stocks it sometimes, two 12-packs at a time. It is constantly sold out. If it is there, I make it sell out. So, I don't get it, if it sells out every single time, why not stock more? I tell 'em all: "You stock two 12s, I'm buying them, You stock four, I'm buying them. Six, here's my money. Eight? Sure." But they don't listen. Yet 39 miles from me, in the same county, that Walmart has them all the time (but NOT the Walmart seven miles from me). 33 miles from me, a Target has them all the time. It's nuts...

This is why golf is so frustrating and yet can be exhilarating. The odds are astronomically against you.

https://www.pga.com/story/odds-of-a-hole-in-one-albatross-condor-and-golfs-unlikely-shots
I can't complain. Thats like the 3rd time (so far) this season I have put it within 5 ft on a par 3 here in Lost Almost. I play 2-3 times a week so I know which club to hit on each hole. I only played 9 this morning. Shot 38. Had 2 birdies, 4 bogies, 3 pars. One of these days. Looks like 5000 - 1 odds! :db

Thats how far we have to drive just to get to pretty much any big box store in these parts!

Yeah, I just don't understand the "logic" behind it at all. When I was in retail, if we sold the crap out of something every time, we increased the stock. The WM seven miles from me used to carry RR until the pandemic. Now, no way. And I have begged.

Yeah, I just don't understand the "logic" behind it at all. When I was in retail, if we sold the crap out of something every time, we increased the stock. The WM seven miles from me used to carry RR until the pandemic. Now, no way. And I have begged.
My wife is in retail management for a national chain and, while she used to do her own ordering, it’s now done by some ✏️ pusher (or a poorly written algorithm) at corporate headquarters. They are completely unresponsive to requests by the store managers.

Related case to illustrate the point… the store is in Michigans Upper Peninsula and when something breaks down they put in a request for repairs to corporate. They will attempt to schedule a repair company from Lower Michigan and come up empty or be quoted an astronomical price (due to the several hundred mile drive). There are multiple companies that could do the job within 100 miles but they are In Wisconsin! After several calls with numerous clueless underlings she finally gets someone to consult a friggin map! It happens EVERY TIME! All in the name of efficiency!

My wife is in retail management for a national chain and, while she used to do her own ordering, it’s now done by some ✏️ pusher (or a poorly written algorithm) at corporate headquarters. They are completely unresponsive to requests by the store managers.

Related case to illustrate the point… the store is in Michigans Upper Peninsula and when something breaks down they put in a request for repairs to corporate. They will attempt to schedule a repair company from Lower Michigan and come up empty or be quoted an astronomical price (due to the several hundred mile drive). There are multiple companies that could do the job within 100 miles but they are In Wisconsin! After several calls with numerous clueless underlings she finally gets someone to consult a friggin map! It happens EVERY TIME! All in the name of efficiency!

All I can say is:

Me to distributor: I want more beer!
Distributor: That's a store management decision.

Me to store management: I want more beer!
Store management: That's decided by the distributor.

Me to store headquarters: I want more beer!
Store headquarters: We will pass your request onward.

Rinse. Repeat. Over and over for 2 years...

All I can say is:

Me to distributor: I want more beer!
Distributor: That's a store management decision.

Me to store management: I want more beer!
Store management: That's decided by the distributor.

Me to store headquarters: I want more beer!
Store headquarters: We will pass your request onward.

Rinse. Repeat. Over and over for 2 years...

Talked to the operations manager at the distributor ... I might actually get something done, after two years! But the jury is out - it is my third call to the distributor. But the first one where I got connected to him.

UNDER EDIT: Grocery store called and the distributor is running two 12-packs up for me this afternoon. Will be at customer service. Operations manager texted that they will have 5 12-packs there tomorrow, and will get the Walmart across the street stocked again. After two years, well: We'll see...

Last edited:
Most likely animal feed.

Been farming for 33 years. Field corn (as opposed to sweet corn) still becomes your food, unless it is used as your fuel – the other large usage – or sweetener, or for industrial products. What corn gets used for depends on the region where it is grown. A lot of it here is used to manufacture grain alcohol that is then aged into whiskey. Jack Daniel's buys a lot, if the grain meets their size and sweetness parameters. I know a farm family who have 3,000 acres in production just for sale to Jack Daniel's. There's a distiller 5 miles from me that cooks up tractor-trailer tank loads of "white lightning" that is sold to boutique branded whiskey makers who age it. I smelled this morning that he was cooking. But we are not heavily into fuel ethanol manufacture, as the Midwest is.

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 10.43.19 AM.png

Been farming for 33 years. Field corn (as opposed to sweet corn) still becomes your food, unless it is used as your fuel – the other large usage – or sweetener, or for industrial products. What corn gets used for depends on the region where it is grown. A lot of it here is used to manufacture grain alcohol that is then aged into whiskey. Jack Daniel's buys a lot, if the grain meets their size and sweetness parameters. I know a farm family who have 3,000 acres in production just for sale to Jack Daniel's. There's a distiller 5 miles from me that cooks up tractor-trailer tank loads of "white lightning" that is sold to boutique branded whiskey makers who age it. I smelled this morning that he was cooking. But we are not heavily into fuel ethanol manufacture, as the Midwest is.

View attachment 105403
Keep working on that 9% and see if we can get it into double digits. :)

Back