Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am of the opinion that if one lives long enough, he or she will see many things come and go and come back again. Two examples come to mind and I am sure you all can come up with others.

1. Recently there is a rising call for bans on plastic bags and a movement toward paper bags to save the environment. I recall when we went away from paper bags (because the loss of trees was ruining the environment) and switched to plastic bags.

2. In the late1950's, Ford Motor Company developed a convertible coupe that looked like a hardtop, the Skyliner. Later, many companies offered vinyl tops on their hardtops to make them look like convertibles.

Any other examples?

I am of the opinion that if one lives long enough, he or she will see many things come and go and come back again. Two examples come to mind and I am sure you all can come up with others.

1. Recently there is a rising call for bans on plastic bags and a movement toward paper bags to save the environment. I recall when we went away from paper bags (because the loss of trees was ruining the environment) and switched to plastic bags.

2. In the late1950's, Ford Motor Company developed a convertible coupe that looked like a hardtop, the Skyliner. Later, many companies offered vinyl tops on their hardtops to make them look like convertibles.

Any other examples?
Horn rimmed glasses. Served the purpose of holding heavy prescriptions in the 60s. By the 90s,and now when high index plastic lenses have been available, they're just ugly. But ugly is the new chic!

Any other examples?
In the late '80s, I was offered a storage locker full of Levi's bell bottoms for $1 a pair because everyone was wearing straight legs. If I had done that deal and kept them 10 years, I could have cleaned up on "vintage" bells when they came back in the late '90s. And now they are gone again.

In the late '80s, I was offered a storage locker full of Levi's bell bottoms for $1 a pair because everyone was wearing straight legs. If I had done that deal and kept them 10 years, I could have cleaned up on "vintage" bells when they came back in the late '90s. And now they are gone again.
Always hang onto your old out-of-date clothes. In a few years they'll come back in style and you'll have a closet full of them without spending a penny.

Always hang onto your old out-of-date clothes. In a few years they'll come back in style and you'll have a closet full of them without spending a penny.

LOL, I have professional clothing I bought over a decade ago, every time there was a steep sale, that is still in the packaging. How to look richer than you are when needed. 😄 Men's professional clothing styles don't change that much over time.

Back