Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The car stops on a lonely, deserted road.
Girl: I suppose you are going to give me the "out of gas" routine.
Guy: No, I was going to give you the "hear after" routine.
Girl: Never heard of it. What is the "hear after" routine.
Guy: If you're not here after what I'm here after, you're going to be here after I'm gone!

I wonder how many times folks have still hit one or the other bridges, even with those obvious indicators??
A lot more than you probably believe possible.

Every US state and some large cities have an oversize overweight permit unit, tasked with routing tall, wide, long, and/or heavy loads safely. Even with a permit that clearly describes the route to be taken, on occasion professional drivers hit bridges. This is typically due to the company not providing accurate load dimensions OR the driver not following the mandated route.

Non-professional drivers are often a worse problem, as they don't pay attention to the sign that says a bridge has 11' clearance when they're driving a 12' truck ...

Bridge clearance vs truck height is NOT negotiable!

A lot more than you probably believe possible.

Every US state and some large cities have an oversize overweight permit unit, tasked with routing tall, wide, long, and/or heavy loads safely. Even with a permit that clearly describes the route to be taken, on occasion professional drivers hit bridges. This is typically due to the company not providing accurate load dimensions OR the driver not following the mandated route.

Non-professional drivers are often a worse problem, as they don't pay attention to the sign that says a bridge has 11' clearance when they're driving a 12' truck ...

Bridge clearance vs truck height is NOT negotiable!
More than one city has a bridge nicknamed “the can opener” !

Latest posts

Back