Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
šŸ˜„ So many comments on the cold. The wind has died down, it's a balmy -34!
We had 9 F / -13 C yesterday morning. I grew up with weather like that, but decades in NC thinned my blood. I had to put a jacket on.

Seriously, I walked out in the garage in shorts and t-shirt, IMMEDIATELY realized that was a bad idea, and put on warmer clothes. That was in the garage. Outside was colder. Wind chill was below 0 F. On the plus side, it wasn't snowing.

Tire pressure was way low in our vehicles. Had to put air in all, although I didn't inflate to full max, as the temperature will go up.

We had 9 F / -13 C yesterday morning. I grew up with weather like that, but decades in NC thinned my blood. I had to put a jacket on.

Seriously, I walked out in the garage in shorts and t-shirt, IMMEDIATELY realized that was a bad idea, and put on warmer clothes. That was in the garage. Outside was colder. Wind chill was below 0 F. On the plus side, it wasn't snowing.

Tire pressure was way low in our vehicles. Had to put air in all, although I didn't inflate to full max, as the temperature will go up.
Yup, it's always an adjustment when you are not used to it.

We are up to -14 today and it's a nice change after the deep freeze we just came out of. Suddenly it is so easy to heat the house.

Dear Floridians, ā˜€ļø

You are going to be ok!
Here are some quick tips for those who arenā€™t sure how they are supposed to navigate this weekendā€™s unholy cold weather. šŸ„¶

šŸ Wear real shoes. Your flip flops will have to fend for themselves for a few days. They will be okay.

šŸ Socks! Wear them. Preferably with real shoes.

šŸ Put the doors back on your Jeeps.

šŸ Consider pants. The extra fabric may feel a tad foreign at first, but you gotta power through.

šŸ Stock your fridge now. Publix will be closed. Assume a record number of employees will call in dead. Theyā€™ve never been this cold before.

šŸ You've likely never noticed it but there is a setting on your AC unit at home that makes it blow out warm air. Use it. Look for a little fire symbol or the word H E A T

šŸ There is also a similar function for the ac in your carā€¦ and turn off the seat AC feature.

šŸ Umbrella. Use an umbrella if you do venture outside. Not for rain, it will help you avoid head injuries caused by frozen iguanas falling from trees. Those suckers are heavy.

šŸ Wash your hair now. Youā€™re not going to this weekend. Perhaps pick up some dry shampoo on your way to pick up the last Publix sub of the week.

šŸ Take deep breaths, you got this. No deep breaths on Saturday though. Youā€™re lungs arenā€™t used to air that cold. They will collapseā€¦ best hold your breath until Monday

Florida, may the odds be ever in your favor... šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
This is not much of an exaggeration. I lived in FL for a few years many years ago and I had a friend whose family moved there from NC when he was a very young child (so he was practically a native). He was well off, but he didn't own a jacket. When it got cold, he just went around shivering, refusing to admit that it did get cold sometimes in Florida.

Yup, it's always an adjustment when you are not used to it.

We are up to -14 today and it's a nice change after the deep freeze we just came out of. Suddenly it is so easy to heat the house.
The body sure is strange -
Two days ago -5 F with -27 wind chill and I was cold. Today 14 F and it feels warm!!! If it wasn't for the snow and frozen ground I'd work in the garden!:D

DID I SAY THAT? Police in Los Angeles had good luck with a robbery suspect who just couldn't control himself during a lineup. When detectives asked each man in the lineup to repeat the words: 'Give me all your money or I'll shoot', the man shouted, 'That's not what I said!'

NOT THE SHARPEST TOOL IN THE SHED! In Modesto, CA, Steven Richard King was arrested for trying to hold up a Bank of America branch without a weapon. King used a thumb and a finger to simulate a gun. Unfortunately, he failed to keep his hand in his pocket. (hellooooooo...!!!)

AT&T fired President John Walter after nine months, saying he lacked intellectual leadership. He received a $26 million severance package. Perhaps it's not Walter who's lacking the intelligence.

I wish all Americans would be taught and required to understand this sentence from the early grades in school onward:

"It does not take intelligence to make money."

Repeat until understood... There will be a test later! šŸ˜„

Latest posts

Back