Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 110754

·
Mercedes-Benz's history is proudly tied to one woman: Bertha Benz, the world’s first driver and roadside mechanic.
In 1888, she took her husband’s invention, the Benz Patent-Motorwagen, and drove it over 100 kilometers. Along the way, she encountered technical difficulties and proved to be very resourceful, including using a hat pin to fix a clogged fuel line and a garter to repair a broken ignition.
Beyond her contributions to the advancement of cars, she also paved the way to #InspireInclusion for women in the industry.
Happy Women's History Month!
♀️

I saw the expanded MB post on FB. It tends to exaggerate some aspects of automotive history in favor of the company, but that's marketing!

From the U.S. Library of Congress...

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 11.23.35 AM.png

I saw the expanded MB post on FB. It tends to exaggerate some aspects of automotive history in favor of the company, but that's marketing!

From the U.S. Library of Congress...

View attachment 110755

Imagine Frank Duryea in 1966:
"Yeah, my brother and I more-or-less invented the car."

"Uhh, sure Mr. Duryea, now let's get you back to your room in Wing C. They're serving pot roast tonight again."

Imagine Frank Duryea in 1966:
"Yeah, my brother and I more-or-less invented the car."

"Uhh, sure Mr. Duryea, now let's get you back to your room in Wing C. They're serving pot roast tonight again."

"Yeah, my brother and I independently invented and operated the first automobile in the United States and made the first commercial automobile sales in the USA."

Of course, the reply would be the same, because a younger caregiver would think they knew it all.

Back