Pitched yeast to early !

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rita36

Reaction score
Making DangerDave's Dragon Blood. Unfortunately i went ahead and jumped the gun and put my yeast now instead of waiting 12-24 hours !!! I know, I know. What should I do now ?

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Wait, it may start anyway. If no activity in48 hrs then pitch yeast again. It will be ok. If your must is too cold then all you loose is a 1buck pack of yeast . If it's rokm temp then the yeast will kick off. Evan kmeta won't stop it, might stun it for a day but not stop it.

Won't take long to kick off then.

To tell the truth, unless my fruit is frozen I pitch my yeast and don't worry about it.

I Used the microwave to thaw out my fruit . I knew it would take too long if I just let it thaw on its own.

Like 15 minutes ago ! When I say down to read the directions again I caught the 12-24 hour period to wait before adding yeast.

Ok, give it until the morning, open the lid and take a whiff. You should smell alcohol (may be faint). If not wait until the afternoon and try again if still no smell (not sour smell) re pitch the yeast.

My husband is complaining that I spend too much money on my "hobby". He doesn't realize that I spend at least 12 a bottle on my wine. Yes it is expensive to start off but once you have the equipment the ingredients are not too expensive . I love it and it gives me something to do.

I will definetly consider that choice. Right now playing around with the muscadines I picked in the summer and I had two pounds of blueberries that I added to the store bought fruit .

Oh wow ! I only was able to pick about 10 gallons . I'm hoping the friends I picked them from will let me start picking earlier this year.

Latest posts

Back