PILGRIMAGE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K&GB

Reaction score
I just completed a pilgrimage to the Mecca of Home Winemaking!!!
<DIV align=center>
20080109_111706_1.jpg

(Interestingly enough, I found this sacred touchstone of home winemakers everywhere located in Carrollton, Texas of all places. Who would've thunk it?)

<DIV align=center>As I ventured through the hallowed doorway, lo and behold......

20080109_112529_2.jpg

<DIV align=center>
<DIV align=center>I found myself in Paradise!
<DIV align=left>
<DIV align=left>Just inside, I was greeted warmly by our patron saint andproprietor ofThe Winemaker's Toy Store,George Cornelius!!!
<DIV align=left>
<DIV align=left>The walls were lined with all manner of wine making toys, gadgets, and paraphonalia, and almost every inch of floor space was stacked high with seemingly hundreds of musts, just begging to be fermented! (Funny, but I didn't see a single styrafoam peanut in the whole place
smiley2.gif
Wonder where he keeps those...?)
<DIV align=left>
<DIV align=left>Having made this monumental journey of a lifetime to the SOURCE of all home winemaking supplies, I can now go forth and................
<DIV align=left>
<DIV align=left>
<DIV align=center>MAKE MORE WINE!!!
smiley4.gif

<DIV align=center>
<DIV align=center>
<DIV align=left>
<DIV align=center>Happy New Year to all
smiley36.gif

<DIV align=left>
<DIV align=left>
<DIV align=left>

All Hail the Wine Making Haven and K &amp; GB of course. lol
smiley4.gif

How could you possibly decide which wine kit to make Ken? I would be worse than a kid in a candy store if I ever get there! More importantly, did you get to try out the barstools and sample a few?

Yeah, I can hear George yelling at me to Don't touch that!, Stop playing with that! etc...The barstools would be the safest place for me.
smiley36.gif

WOW!!! What a lot of goodies to choose from....that would be hard, seeing all that in person....then to try and choose.

Is there a ATM machine in there, or maybe a banker ready to take out a 2nd mortgage?
smiley36.gif

Fortunately, my wife came along to keep me in check. She knows better than to let me loose in a place like that with a credit card. I wound up walking out with a couple of new toys, some French oak, and a MM Alljuice Reisling. Saved the shipping and most importantly....THE PEANUTS!!!
smiley14.gif

Im looking forward to seeing the new store at Winestock this year. Thanks for sharing the pictures and experience K&amp;GB

Congratulations!
smiley32.gif
I understand the excitement you must have felt! Shortness of breath... Increased heart rate and blood pressure... sweat on the brow and upper lip... shaking... self doubt... am I worthy? Am I dressed well enough?
smiley5.gif
Congratulations on making the pilgrimage and coming out of the store without having maxed out your card.
You didn't max out your card, did you?
smiley2.gif

All seriousness aside, I actually made two trips to the store while I was in town. The first time (in the pictures) I had absolutely NO room in my little car, so I only bought a few toys. But after visiting two sets of family and dropping off Christmas presents, I convinced Gina that we needed to make a slight detour on the way back and pick up at least one kit. Taking full advantage of my obsession,... I mean, um enthusiasm, she agreed toa single kit, as long as it was a reisling (her favorite). We plan to start that this weekend. Pics to follow. I might even let her wear the "Winemaker" hat and shirt that she got me for Christmas.

As soon as George installs that ATM in the store or brings in that bank loan officer Wade mentioned...
smiley2.gif

Careful what you wish for... George has a banker and I'm sure she would be more than glad to come into the store to meet with you...
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back