Petit Verdot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a couple hundred pounds coming with this harvest. Looking for yeast recommendations.

You might want to try using 2 yeasts. BDX is always a goto for me with Bordeaux varietals but D254 and D80 would be good choice as well. Others you may want to consider are SYR and Vintner's Harvest R56. These are just the first that come to mind. This will be my 4th straight year for PV.

Making a single varietal.
PV is an industry secret for increasing complexity in wine. Just a little (1-3%) adds another dimension to wine. Do some bench trials with / without it, especially the Bordeaux varietals. I made a few cases of PS/PV that is a few years old and still as few years away from being able to drink it. I'm hoping the wine will come around with age and be nice, but defintely requires some patience.

PV is an industry secret for increasing complexity in wine. Just a little (1-3%) adds another dimension to wine.
I'm considering making 3 gallons of PV and bottling it as a varietal, with the intention that it will be used primarily as topup wine for other blends. I'd use it when I think another wine needs some oomph.

Latest posts

Back